Senior Financial Accountant
Tue, 3rd May 2022
Play a major role in the consolidation and analysis of future opportunities to continue growing its diverse service offering.
Join an ASX-listed WA-based major mining services business with international operations. The company has been acquiring new businesses and expanding its service offering over the last 18 months with no view of slowing down. With new systems and processes you can be a part of a high performing finance team with clear goals of a continued growth trajectory.
As the Senior Financial Accountant role, you will be reporting into the Group Finance Manager with the following responsibilities:
- Preparation, review and ensuring quality control of the month-end closing and reporting processes reconciliations; and financial statements.
- Continuous improvement and development of financial accounting procedures and documentation, including process improvement.
- Joint Venture Accounting.
- Prepare accounting technical papers (board/audit committee quality).
- Assist in the management of both half-year and year-end audit process and report preparation.
- Contribute to data architecture to facilitate efficient use of data by downstream users (data analytics through Power BI).
- Assist in standardising reporting formats across the Group.
- Assist in system implementations.
- Management of AASB16 group accounting solution (Soft4Lessee).
- Ad hoc projects and new business growth opportunities identified by the Finance Controller.
- Training and development of junior staff members.
To be considered for this role you will have the following:
- CA/CPA qualification.
- Strong understanding of IFRS and specifically Australian accounting standards.
- Big 4 or mid tier start, with at least 2 years in commerce.
- Advanced excel skills and if you happen to have Power BI.
- Enjoy interacting with a broad range of operational and corporate departments.
- A WA brand that will add substantial value to your resume.
- A strong team at C-suite level to assist in the growth and development of your skillset.
- A diverse role with the ability to really grow your skills in a range of accounting areas.
- The opportunity to get involved in exciting projects such as the ERP upgrade, and working with the FC to standardise processes and facilitate the improvement in systems and reporting across the Group.
- Good benefits such as salary sacrifice opportunities and health insurance.