Senior Business Analyst
Wed, 8th July 2020
Fantastic opportunity to join a Business Development team of an ASX company based in Perth CBD
An ASX listed mining company with head offices based in Perth CBD. A dynamic business with operations in Australia and Africa they specialise in the exploration, development, processing, production, and marketing of commodities. They maintain a leading global market presence coupled with a robust business model and reputation for providing the highest quality of product and services. The company are well positioned to capitalise and develop identified Greenfields/Brownfields projects.
Due to organic growth and strong pipeline of projects our client wishes to appoint a Senior Business Analyst. You will report directly to the Manager of Business Development and work closely with senior leadership across various teams. You will play a key role in supporting the analysis and evaluation of both the internal major projects pipeline and external merger and acquisition opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Effectively contribute to the strategic BD and planning process
- Identify trends and present insights to inform decision making
- Financial modelling of: Mining projects & Investments (M&A, Asset Evaluations etc.)
- Presenting investment proposals to Senior Management and The Board
- Provide commercial advice on projects to other business units
- Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
This is an ideal role for a mining finance professional seeking a new challenging and rewarding role.
To be successful you will have:
- Degree qualification in: Commerce, Economics, Science or Engineering
- Postgraduate qualification in either: CA, CPA, MBA, CFA, or Master of Applied Finance
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Background in a similar type role within a mining company or advised mining clients
- Financial modelling skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial acumen with demonstrated experience in stakeholder management
- The ability to think strategically and work collaboratively to solve complex scenarios
How to Apply
If you believe you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role then please click apply on the appropriate link
Please note this role is based in Perth, WA.
Due to the number of applications received, only suitable candidates will be contacted