My client is a large not-for-profit organisation that is well-known around Victoria. They are looking for a Team leader to join their team in the West of Melbourne to assist with the growth and leading of the team. To be suitable for this position you must be passionate about providing a second to none service to children and their families.
The role would be suitable to an Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist or Psychologist that has experience working within early intervention. This position will start as a 50/50 split of clinical and management duties however, as the team grows it will become less clinical and more management. Having experience leading and developing a team is essential.
About the role:
You will work within a multidisciplinary team inclusive of Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologist’s, Early Education Teachers, Physiotherapist’s, and Psychologist’s providing Early Intervention services to children in the community between the ages of 0-10.
Your roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with children with developmental delays, and various disabilities
- Identifying the child and the family’s goals and working with them to work towards these goals in a key worker model
- Helping families to understand eligibility requirements, functional goals and available supports
- Conducting specialist and general assessment to identify target areas, develop functional goals, and develop short term interventions
- Support team members through regular formal and informal supervision
- Ability to guide and support clinicians at all levels of their career
- Provide and be sure that your team are providing a high-quality service delivery
- Demonstrated experience working with strength based, family centred approach
- Maintain knowledge of Occupational health and safety, regulations, standards and guidelines and code of conduct within specific disciplines.
- Full Salary sacrifice
- Fantastic ongoing professional development opportunities
- Family friendly and flexible workplace
- Supportive and friendly working environment
- Salary up to 100K + super and other financial benefits
- Annual CPD allowance
- 1 week of study leave annually
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within Early Intervention
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Fantastic organisation and communication skills
- Recent police certificate and WWCC (or willingness to obtain)
- Australian drivers’ licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Good knowledge around NDIS and other funding frameworks
To apply online, forward your resume by using the “apply for job” button, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Holly Gilson on 02 9003 4907 or [email protected]
Only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted about this role.