My client distributes a wide range of innovative insurance products through deep partnerships with some of Australia’s leading brands including Woolworths Ltd. The core products are home and contents insurance, landlord’s insurance, motor insurance, pet insurance and SME insurance.
Since they were established in Australia in 1999 it has grown rapidly to become an established personal and commercial lines insurer in the Australian market, being recognised as Large General Insurance Company of the Year at the 2019 ANZIIF awards, with over 1.2 million customers and approximately 620 staff who settle over 1,000,000 claims in Australia each year.
My client is excited to bring a driven Senior Customer Experience Designer into our team to help them advocate and design for customers in all change initiatives. They’re looking for someone who loves design thinking, who is passionate about providing better experiences and will help design and shape strategic projects, initiatives, and service delivery. You’ll be reporting to the Head of Experience Design working within the Customer team, giving you easy access to fellow qualitative and quantitative data junkies, brand enthusiasts, and a wellspring of customer insights the team cultivates.
- Leveraging your experience of the design process and the knowledge of our internal experts to create outputs that deliver mutually beneficial experiences.
- Involvement in projects across a range of touchpoints, including the way we communicate, the systems our customers interact with and cultural change.
- Leading initiatives that improve the customer experience where a range of different stakeholders and departments are involved.
- Leveraging existing insights and research and conducting customer interviews and testing to uncover insights and opportunities.
- Presenting your evidence-based recommendations to senior stakeholders and product owners.
- Taking your outputs and recommendations through to the requirements gathering phase, working alongside our technical teams to bring them to life.
- Developing artifacts such as experience maps, user journeys and personas to help build empathy in stakeholders around the business.
- Getting our business and partners excited at the power of listening to the customer.
- Monitoring the performance of your outputs to make sure we’ve landed on the right outcome
To be successful:
- You have an advanced understanding of CX with 4 – 6 years’ experience, extra points if this is in the Financial Services industry.
- You have an area of individual interest, e.g., conducting customer testing, journey mapping, leading design thinking workshops.
- Deeply curious, hungry to develop a deeper understanding of our business and processes. Are fuelled by discovery and eager to share and learn from great work.
- Comfortable facilitating exploratory conversations and workshops with internal stakeholders.
- Can think on your feet and come up with commercial ideas and solutions while keeping a cool head.
- A great communicator, both face-to-face and written. And confident with communicating with all levels of staff.
- You’re adaptable. You’ll be working for a dynamic company, so you must be comfortable progressing different workstreams asynchronously while navigating shifting priorities and change.
- Being part of a business that is offering a financial product, you’re well versed in compliance standards and can see a potential risk a mile off.
- A passion for continuous learning, appreciation of challenge, and comfort with change.
- Lots of humbition – the humility to seek and embrace feedback; the ambition to change things up for the better.
- Someone that’s actively seeking the underlying ‘why’ to understand how to reach the best possible outcome.
- Someone who can win friends and influence people – we work collaboratively with every other area of the business.
- An authentic personality, not a conformist. We want diverse perspectives to round out our approaches.