MARS Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Mental Health accredited Senior Social Worker to join a hospital located in Frenchs Forest, NSW. Due to continued growth and expansion, they are seeking an experienced individual to join them to continue to strengthen their complex mental health team on a permanent, full-time basis.
This role is based in a state-of-the-art hybrid hospital of both private and public patients. You will become an essential part of the senior management team supporting a multidisciplinary team of clinicians in ensuring the safe, comprehensive and specialist delivery of services to patients who are suffering from complex mental health issues including psychosis, trauma, AOD addiction, depression and anxiety. This hospital operates with the culture of a small hospital and the scale and strength of a large hospital.
You will be expected to conduct risk assessments and be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating psychological interventions based on sensory, cognitive and physical needs of the individual.
This role will be working Monday – Friday on a full-time basis with rostered on call crisis care on a Saturday once per month.
This will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide assessment, treatment/ intervention, and consultative services to patients requiring support on ICU, Critical Care and Emergency Wards. Requirement to support alternative areas of hospital on case-by-case basis.
- Conducting clinical assessments to determine goals and areas of need.
- Provide information, education and support to patients and families to support decision making on intervention
- Work with the patients and their families to develop functional, routine-based goals to maximise skill development.
- Provide resources for therapy intervention that match evidence-based practice specific to each client’s goals
- Spend 80% of time in client attributable activity and 20% in non-clinical based tasks.
- Facilitate the smooth transition of clients through the health care system – internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- Attend ward rounds / case conferences and family meetings.
- Engage in evidence based clinical work, monitoring outcomes and modifications if needed.
You will be a qualified and experienced Senior Social Worker with hospital experience. Can consider non seniors the relevant professional experience and academic qualifications and have a proven background within a similar area.
Other skills and experience include:
- Experience in managing a varied caseload
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain schedules
- Flexibility to operate in an environment of change and continuous improvement
- AASW Membership
- Proven recent experience in complex mental health fields
- Ability to work individual and within a team setting
- Up to date knowledge of legislation
- NSW Drivers License
- National police clearance
- COVID Vaccine + Booster
What’s on Offer?
In return for your hard work, you will enjoy working within a supportive and collaborative working environment, receive ongoing training and development.
- Be paid a competitive hourly rate plus superannuation.
- Quality clinical supervision and professional development included.
- The client group is diverse and interesting, and keen to achieve positive mental health and well-being outcomes
- Excellent administrative and clinical support.
- Possibility to work in a variety of settings within the organisation.
- A supportive, inclusive, collegial and respectful professional environment.
- Generous professional development opportunities.
- An organisational focus on truly meeting client needs through a combination of proven clinical practices and new and emerging evidence-based technologies and methodologies.
If you feel this is the position for you, then click on the ‘APPLY’ button without delay or contact Bethany Peeney on 08 6315 3603 / [email protected]