As Cloud Devops Lead, you will have primary responsibility on operations engineering to deliver ongoing operational and business initiative outcomes. You will be providing DevOps technical expertise to support your team and other IT product teams to deliver services and changes across the company’s IT ecosystem, which includes third-party cloud hosted IT platforms, in-house managed cloud, and local data centre IT platforms.
This key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Provide technical leadership and clear context to engineers at all levels across internal and external product squad
- Assume technical accountability for successful implementation of changes.
- Responsible for ensuring engineering standards and best practices are being followed, promoting timely feedback, automation, and focus on value delivery.
- Produce, contribute, and maintain technical designs, be an expert of IT products under your team’s remit.
- Assess and manage technical risks, ensuring the non-functional requirements are being captured and met.
- Be hands-on the tools and collaborate with multiple product squads to deliver collective outcomes, covering the following:
✓ Implement platform provisioning and maintenance solutions, e.g., setting up cloud platform resources, middleware configuration, databases, etc.
✓ Implement release engineering solutions, e.g., setting up release pipeline, release notes, application deployment, etc.
✓ Implement operational workflow and orchestration solutions, e.g., job scheduling, file
✓ Implement business continuity solutions, e.g., monitoring, backup, recovery, etc.
✓ Implement workforce computing solutions, e.g., provisioning end user computing resourcing, identity & access management, etc.
✓ Implement operations automation using configuration and orchestration toolsets, as well as
- Triage and undertake root-cause analysis of support incidents and issues.
- Assist your team in tracking application issues and provide clear feedback on potential changes or improvements where applicable.
- Identify, analyse, and support resolution of application issues with internal and external parties.
- Support technical work breakdown, estimation, and assignment.
- Coach product team members on all technical matters to achieve team outcomes.
- Drive towards the realization of the technical vision of the IT products that are being built, ensuring alignment to enterprise quality assurance and governance practices, be an advocate of DevSecOps practices.
- Develop good understanding of the company’s IT ecosystem.
- Collaborate with product owner, capability leads and team members to develop solutions that are fit for purpose and align to the enterprise intelligent operations strategy.
- Contribute to design of operations enablement capabilities, and continuous improvement of them.
- Stay on top of relevant industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements.
To be considered for this role you need the following skills/experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Lead role targeted at the cloud, preferably Azure.
- Solid experience with various DevOps concept, tools, and technologies.
- Solid experience of CI/CD and related toolsets, good exposure to Azure DevOps.
- Solid experience with cloud infrastructure setup and Infrastructure as Code (IAC).
- Solid experience with operations integrations (e.g., system integrations via API, file transfer, etc.).
- Solid experience in Agile framework supporting CI/CD processes.
- Good experience with infrastructure and network management (e.g., system patching, middleware upgrade, monitoring, etc.)
- Good experience with local data centre resource management and setup.
- Good understanding of security and vulnerability management (e.g., firewall configuration, endpoint upgrade, security patching, etc).
- Industry / business knowledge of the Australian Insurance market (preferably with experience of General Insurance) is highly desirable.
This role offers an ambitious and proven Cloud DevOps Lead, the opportunity to join an innovative cloud environment working within the Insurance sector in Australia and really make an impact through their own technical understanding and ability.
To learn more about this exciting new role please contact Sahar Khalid on 0421 869 643 or to apply please send your resume to email – [email protected]