MARS Recruitment are working with a market leading organisation based in Perth CBD to recruit an experienced Billings Coordinator/Officer. The position is a 8-month fixed term contract working full time hours.
- Fantastic remuneration
- Full time working hours
- Perth CBD location
- An award-winning employee recognition programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work-life balance
- Multiple benefits including but not limited to salary packaging and gem membership discounts
- Coordinating and managing the operational exception clearing and billing function
- Create and maintain client information
- Reporting billing performance KPI’s to the team leader
- Ensure all targets are met and develop additional measures as required
- Raise fees billings for all companies
- Review of job cost reports to ensure accurate revenues and costs are captured
- Ensure all queries and invoices are processed
- Prepare monthly billing invoices
- Receipt payments by direct deposit, cheque and credit card payments
- Allocation of payments
- Daily banking
- Match payment to ensure the correct cost is processed
- Bank reconciliations
- Month end revenue and cost accruals
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Extensive and proven experience in providing team coordination
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Solid excel skills
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role then please follow the link.
Please note, due to the number of applications only successful applicants will be contacted
A mining company in Perth’s CBD is looking to add to their already established team. With a strong pipeline of work, the team will be working hard to maintain their high calibre of technical submissions and help push the company forward to stay in good stead for their next phase.
The Senior Financial Accountant position is newly created and will suit someone with strong technical accounting along with mining knowledge. The responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of statutory reporting
- Review of half/yearly reporting
- Financial statements
- Month end
- Coordinate audits
- Business improvements
- Assist with budgets
- Assist with cash flow
This role will suit someone with the following credentials
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent
- Circa 6-8 years post qualified
- Experience with a large ERP system
- Hard working with a team player attitude
- Excellent communication
Please follow the link to apply or contact your MARS consultant directly if you fit the criteria above.
MARS Recruitment are partnering with this organisation who continue to build their reputation as a leading Financial Service provider with year-on-year growth. A household name, this is a great opportunity for an individual who has significant Financial Services experience and is looking to continue their career growth.
- Produce full statutory annual financial accounts including any consolidations required by the Relevant Law;
- Maintenance of Fund GL, & trial balance including documentation and audit trail as appropriate;
- Provision of bank reconciliations and bank statement copies reporting to the Trustee;
- Maintain management accounts as required by and in accordance with the Relevant Law;
- Preparation and lodgement of Business Activity Statements (IAS&BAS) and Annual income Tax Returns with full workings.
- Liasing with Auditors and colleagues on ad hoc responsibilities.
- Preparing, reviewing and monitoring Funds budgets/Trustee budget annually and as required
To be successful:
- CA Qualified – newly qualified to 2 years PQE
- Ideally experience Auditing within Financial Services or large Corporates.
- Excellent communication skills
A highly-reputable financies services organisation who are recognised as a leader in their field. Large commercial enviroment with strong, stable leadership and great internal development. Looking to add an assistant accountant to their finance team on an initial 2-3 month contract.
This is an Assistant Accountant position and will suit someone working towards their CPA/CA with at least 1-2 years of experience in a similar role. The responsibilities will include;
- Assist with montly management reporting.
- Assist with budgeting/forecasting
- Bank reconciliations and journals.
- General tax duties including BAS, FBT and GST.
- Tertiary qualified in Accounting
- Immediately available or available within a week’s notice to commence work.
- Clear communication
- Good work ethic
- Experience in transactional accounting or assistant accountant roles.
Please apply via the link below or speak directly to your MARS Recruitment consultant.
MARS are currently partnering with an exciting consulting group who have offices all over the globe and with operations centralised in Sydney. The organisation is a fast paced, can-do attitude mentality and would suit someone who is immediately available and looking to get stuck in!
This role is responsible for a range of tasks and is looking to tighten up processes as well as creating a nimble environment which makes it easy for non finance stakeholders to understand. In this role you will:
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable, including processing invoices, collecting payments, invoicing and inputting of data
- Ensure all necessary financial documentation is verified and documented in the accounting files
- Manage systems for all internal control procedures and general ledger processing controls in compliance with accounting standards
- Daily bank reconciliation for all bank accounts and monitoring the daily cash flow of bank and merchant account (as required).
- Month end reconciliation and journals
- Assist in yearly budget and forecast
- Other general accounting & administrative functions as required
Ideally you will:
- Have a CA/CPA qualification
- Strong understanding of accounting standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to speak with all levels of staff
- Happy to roll up your sleeves for all the nitty gritty!
If this sounds like your next opportunity and you are immediately available, get in touch with Ed Burgess at MARS Recruitment – [email protected] or ‘apply’ below
MARS Recruitment are currently partnering with a leading ASX Listed firm who pride themselves on excellent career progression and a fun, vibrant culture. The organisation have a great reputation in the Sydney market and are considered a destination employer for candidates.
A role has become available for an experienced Accountant to join their team after a reshuffle within a few different teams due to internal promotions.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Overall accountability for the accounting and reporting tasks across a portfolio of diverse assets
- Produce financial reports in an accurate and timely manner to enable decision making
- Prepare monthly accruals and forecasts.
- Co-ordinate the budgeting and forecasting process for the portfolio including the review and critique of assumptions of budgets provided by Property Managers, Asset Managers, and Analysts.
- Ensure property balance sheet is reconciled in line with policies
The successful candidate will have come from:
- CA/CPA background or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience with a property management group or recognised property accounting experienced
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to liaise with various stakeholders
If this sounds like your next role or you would like to find out more, apply below or send your CV to [email protected]
Finance Manager – FP&A
- Fulltime permanent position – Paying $140 – 160k + super + sti
- City Fringe location. Flexible working conditions.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Opportunity to join a high performing team within a well-known Australian technology business.
About the company:
A true Australian success story, this company is a leader in the technology field. They are a household name with a great reputation here in Australia and a strong global presence.
The company is known for being agile and adaptable to the ever-changing technology landscape
They see their people as their most valuable asset, therefore are committed to creating a nurturing, fun and secure working environment. They offer everything you would expect from an emerging technology company – flexible working, career progression opportunities, teams of highly skilled individuals, cool offices, events that cater to everyone, food onsite, the list goes on.
About the role:
They are seeking a Finance Manager to join a high performing team and look after core FP&A across the group operations function.
Your roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of financial models and rolling forecast to support budget and forecasting processes.
- End of month reporting including actuals vs forecast
- Defining and interpreting business metrics
- Analysing results to understand performance and support decisions to drive growth and profitability
- Working with Finance leaders across APAC
- Maintaining and continuously improving existing processes, procedure, resources, tools, systems
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business, Commerce or similar
- Experience working in an FP&A focused role
- Extensive experience working on planning and budgeting processes, financial forecasting, P&L management, interpreting and reporting business performance results.
- A process improvement mindset and proven experience working on continuous improvement/streamlining activities
- Excellent Excel skills and strong experience with various reporting tools
- Located in Australia now with full working rights.
How to apply
To apply to this role, please click ‘apply now’. If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Roisin via email: [email protected]
MARS Recruitment are excited to be exclusively partnering with a global financial services organisation who are looking to bring a motivated finance professional who is looking to become the next CFO.
This role is a unique mix of work spanning from reporting through to a seat at the table with the execs of the global business. You will be the 2ic to the current CFO and this role will put you in a good position to be a sponge whilst developing your own style of leadership.
The Sydney Finance team covers the full suite of services, including;
- Financial and regulatory reporting, treasury, client (technical) accounting, debtor, expense processing and reporting, taxation, capital management, business continuity, and associated risk management and compliance activities.
This role will support the CFO in achieving the strategic objectives of the team; to ensure a robust financial close and reporting framework, and that valuable insights and engagement occurs with key stakeholders (the Board and associated Committees, the Global CFO, local business units).
Ideally the successful candidate will be;
- 7-10 years’ experience in financial services
- CA/CPA qualified
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong stakeholder manager
- Proven ability to work with diverse range of stakeholders
- Ambition to become the CFO!
If this sounds your next opportunity we want to hear from you via ‘Apply’ or email [email protected]
MARS are working with a long-standing Insurance company in the CBD, that are looking for a Payroll Officer with some exposure to accounts. They are warm and welcoming business that require at least 2 years payroll experience, to join the team on a 7-month contract.
Only immediately available/< 1 week notice candidates will be considered for this position.
- Processing fortnightly/monthly payroll for 200 staff using Elmo system
- Preparation and payment of:
- PAYG Tax
- Payroll tax
- Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT)
- Superannuation contributions
- Workers’ compensation
- Preparation of month-end reconciliations and assist with reports
- Processing customer receipts, refunds and various payments
- Must be available at less than 1 week notice
- 2+ years’ experience in Payroll
- Experience with AP and reconciliations is desirable
- Competent Excel & payroll systems
- Strong communicator – written and verbal
- Home-grown multinational technology company
- Inner-city location. Flexible working (minimum 1 day in the office)
- 6-month fixed term contract paying up to $115k + super. Potential to become permanent.
- ASAP start
About the company:
This is a home-grown Australian multinational technology company that has experienced significant growth in recent years. They are well established and have a fantastic reputation among local businesses of every size.
About the role:
This is a 6-month fixed term contract role with the possibility of the role becoming permanent at the end of the contract.
With a December year-end, they need another pair of hands to support an upcoming busy period. You will report directly into the Financial Controller and join a team of 4 Senior Accountants and Accountants, with one direct report.
Your roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management of one direct report (an Accountant)
- Preparing profit and loss, and balance sheet reports
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- CA or CPA qualified
- 3+ years of experience working as an Accountant
- Proven ability to manage 1 direct report
- Availability to start at the beginning of December
- Must be located in Australia now with full working rights
To apply to this role, please click ‘apply now’.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Roisin Coffey via email: [email protected]
Rare opportunity to join a premier, ASX listed organisation for a motivated first-time mover into commercial space. With exciting growth plans including high profile acquisitions and the introduction of some impressive senior staff, this opportunity will not last long!
This role reports into a strong leader who is invested in the long-term success of this individual. This role is suited to either an individual who has had success in a previous role and looking for leadership or an individual looking to step into a role which will give you a voice at the exec table.
In the role you be responsible for;
- Preparation of balance sheet and month end reconciliations for corporate entities
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for corporate subsidiaries
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting packs for corporate entities
- Review of monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting packs for Asia Pacific operating entities
- Assist with the annual business planning process, including review of operating asset business plans, monthly forecasting and operational reporting
- Preparation of technical accounting memorandums
- Assist with the onboarding and integration of newly acquired assets
- Other ad hoc projects as required
If you are:
- CA/CPA qualified
- Strong communication skills to partner with the business
- Motivated, ambitious and proven leadership capabilities
- Big-4 or mid-tier chartered accounting experience
If this is your next challenge or you are curious to find out more, get in touch with Ed Burgess at MARS via ‘apply’ or email [email protected]
MARS Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintech’s who have recently gone through a large growth period and as a result have an immediate requirement for an experienced controller to assist with multiple projects and take charge of the control division.
In this role you will;
- Manage the financial close process including coordination of timetables / deadlines and review of work completed by team
- Completion of quarterly tax provisions and internal taxation reporting packs
- Oversee and assist in completing or reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Coordinate preparation and lodgment of financial statements
- Coordinate preparation and lodgment of direct and indirect tax returns, using external tax professionals where appropriate
- Oversee payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process in Australia
- Liasing with the auditors and run the financial year end process.
- Oversee the documentation, adherence, monitoring and continual improvement to the internal control environment in relation to financial control
The successful candidate will be;
- CA qualified
- 5-7 years’ PQE experience within a large corporate/financial services group
- Financial Control experience
- Able to manage and mentor a small team
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
MARS Recruitment are excited to be partnering with one of Australia’s leading ASX listed financial services organisations who after some significant growth are looking to bring on an experienced finance manager to build out the team on an initial 12 month contract with view for permanent.
With an established function already but a significant growth in work, the business have shown some truly unique initiative to grow the team in anticipation for continued growth through 2022.
In this role you will have;
- Delivery of timely, complete and accurate monthly financial results
- Control over weekly cash flow reporting
- Seamless interaction with the Business Performance team
- Implementation of new accounting standards
- Research and accounting papers in respect to accounting issues
- Management of Tax compliance
- Proactively ensure Responsible Entity and Management companies comply with all regulatory requirements, including cash flow and balance sheet management
- Manage half year and year end reporting processes
The successful candidate will be:
- CA or equivalent
- 3-5 years post qualification from chartered environment
- Experience with consolidations of multiple entities
- Month end experience
- Ability to liaise with overseas regions
- Self starter and independently motivated
- Exceptional communication skills
This is an exciting role looking for a 2022 start, all interviewing will be completed in 2021. If you are ready for your next challenge, why wait!
Get in touch with Ed Burgess via ‘apply’ or email [email protected]
MARS are working with a top tier Financial Services organisation who are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant for the busy year end period in addition to other related year end and ad hoc projects.
The contract is for 4-6 months, and for the right candidate the opportunity to extend beyond that period based on performance.
- Ensuring timely delivery of statutory accounts
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports for local Regulatory Authorities
- Update and manage year-end timetable
- Liaise with auditors
- Ensure all accountancy and reporting procedures are up-to-date with legislated requirements
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Client and auditor management
- Resolution of accounting & general ledger queries from the business and clients
- Execution of Daily, Monthly and Quarterly controls
- Assisting with the preparation and review of audit files for the external auditors
- Assisting with / Preparation of the local statutory financial statements
- Assisting with the Annual Statutory returns
- Ad hoc project work as required
- Degree qualified in a business related discipline complimented with a CA qualification
- Newly qualified to 1-2 years’ experience PQE
- Hands on experience in preparing statutory accounts
- Ability to work to tight timelines and under pressure to ensure deliverables are achieved
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to manage competing deadlines
About the business
Exciting opportunity with one of the largest and fastest growing property development groups. The organisation has grown exponentially in the past 18 months and this is one of a series of newly created roles. If you’re looking to apply your knowledge of property/construction/real estate in a small, high performing team, this is the role for you.
About the role
Located in the Sydney CBD, this role is an interesting hybrid Management/Financial Accounting with a mix of strategy and investments too. For the right candidate, this role can open up many doors into the fast paced world of property and real estate. Your role will include but not be restricted to;
- Monthly reporting of management Accounts in a accurate & timely manner
- Review and analysis of property performance
- Ensure compliance to accounting policies and procedures
- ‘Subject Matter Expert’ and trusted advisor for internal and external customers of allocated portfolio
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Dealing with incoming queries and requests in a timely and efficient manner to ensure that client’s needs are met and exceeded
Skills and experience
2-3 years’ experience in a Business Services capacity
Excellent communication skills
General knowledge of the property landscape would be preferential but not essential
If this sounds like an opportunity that you want to hear more about, get in touch with Ed Burgess via [email protected] and ‘apply’
Due to an internal move, a position has become available at Sandfire Resources for a Senior Financial Accountant. With multiple assets at production development and exploration stages in Australia, along with overseas, they are an employer of choice for their leadership strength and performance. The team culture internally is cohesive with support, good work ethic and a combined push for excellence within their industry. This opportunity is an exciting one to join a progressive and exciting company/team.
This Senior Financial Accountant position has become available due to growth for an internal colleague. It is a permanent opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and not just work within financial reporting. As it’s a varied role you will also be exposed to management reporting, analysis, and operational work.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Statutory reporting/Compliance
- Group consolidation
- Cash flow reporting
- End of month reporting
- Project work and ad hoc analysis
- Support to the costing process
- Business/Systems improvements
- Management of 2 staff
The current requirement would ideally suit an experienced, qualified Manager within a Big 4 or mid tier firm. A high achiever who likes being challenged, has had exposure to mining clients and enjoys the demands and intricacies this industry presents. It would also suit someone with a Big 4 or mid tier start and a couple of years within mining, to bring across some knowledge.
This role will offer progression internally, is a unique opportunity to step into a varied/all-encompassing role and, along with this, you will be remunerated extremely competitively, including access to bonuses.
Please apply via the link provided or reach out to your current MARS consultant for a highly confidential discussion if you are fitting the criteria above.