Senior IT Risk Manager
Fri, 7th January 2022
Join this well renowned financial institution and be part of a brand new team within Technology/Cyber Risk.
Here at Mars Recruitment, we’ve recently been engaged to support a well-renowned client in the financial services industry who have had approval to prioritize the development of a high-performing tech risk and cyber function. As a result, we’re currently looking to speak with experienced professionals in the space for roles spanning from analyst to manager levels to support in firmly establishing the function in the organizations existing business flows.
Needless to say in return, the firm would be able to support with immense opportunity for growth as well as visibility across the group-wide function.
- Work collaboratively with Enterprise Risk Management and Executives Leadership teams to ensure the firm has an effective Technology Risk Management Framework.
- Execution of operational risk framework requirements across the business.
- Assist in the execution of control assurance activities for aligned business units, communication of results and monitoring of execution of remedial actions
- Escalation of risk, control weaknesses, incidents and issues that remain unmitigated and/or outside tolerance to relevant stakeholders and identify areas for targeted assurance activity.
- Assist in embedding an effective risk culture and champion the importance of effective risk management practices
Key to your success will be prior experience in relevant technology operations, audit, risk management or cybersecurity role. Whilst the role is based in Sydney, you will be joining a global technology division. Experience in financial services is preferred but is not necessarily a requirement. More specifically, the requirements for the opportunity are as follows:
- 5 or more years’ experience in technology risks & controls, either from internal or external audit, technology risk management, information or cyber security systems or experience in technology operations
- Ability to accurately identify related technology & cyber risk issues
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise and influence at all levels
- Tertiary qualifications in information systems, operations or finance/ accounting are ideal (eg CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CA, CPA)
If this sounds like you and you would be interested in applying or hearing more information on opportunities like this one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Chris – [email protected]