Occupational Therapist – Central Coast
Thu, 2nd December 2021
Exciting opportunity for a skilled Occupational Therapist to join close knit team based in Central Coast, NSW
A Private Practice is seeking an Occupational Therapist to join their team to provide Occupational Therapy services to clients in Central Coast, NSW. You will join a team of highly skilled Occupational Therapists who are passionate and dedicated to support individuals and provide assistance with complex home modifications.
About the role:
Our client is currently seeking a knowledgeable Occupational Therapist to join their team based on the Central Coast. Just an hour north of Sydney with its beautiful harbour settings, stunning coastal terrain and lush national parks is a great place to start your next Allied Health opportunity.
This position would be suited to someone looking for full time work. To be suitable for this role, you must be passionate about providing the best possible service to your clients, the company get majority of their referrals through word of mouth in the community and their stakeholders and they want to continue the great work that they do and keep their fantastic name that they have for themselves in the community.
The practice has a small close-knit team and have grown their team making sure to differentiate themselves from other larger companies that work within the company. With smaller billable hours to ensure great work life balance, job satisfaction as well as providing a great team and work culture.
Your roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Home Safety assessments
- Minor and Major home modifications
- Equipment prescription
- Vehicle modifications
- Falls prevention and education
- Wheelchair and scooter prescription and training
- Seating assessments
- ADL/functional Assessments
- Ergonomic assessments and intervention
- Minimum 2 Years’ experience in Occupational Therapy within a community based role
- Solid experience and understanding of home modifications and assistive technology
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with AHPRA
- Full driving licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- National police clearance – or willingness to obtain
- Influenza Immunisation / COVID-19 Vaccine
- Ability to manage your own hours and diary’s – flexible working hours to work around commitments such as family
- Support and training from the Director of the company
- Mobile phone will be provided
- Small close nit friendly team
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted about this position.