Industrial Relations Manager – Group Human Resources
Thu, 23rd June 2022
Provide support around workplace, employee and industrial relations
Experience in undertaking appearance work at the Fair Work Commission
Ensure consistent management of employment related complaints
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary People and Legal team that works closely with its customers.
The IR Manager will work with all units within the division to ensure the consistent management of employment related complaints or matters including misconduct, discrimination, harassment, bullying, performance management, personal illness, grievances and workers compensation claims.
The IR Manager will support all divisions of the Group with workplace relations, employee relations and industrial relations. The role will:
- Develop, review, consult and implement Workplace relations strategy, policies and procedures to ensure organisational understanding and legislative compliance
- Provide high level legal and industrial relations to support the HRBPs with complex case management on policy and procedures; conditions of employment; enterprise agreement and employment law interpretation including misconduct, bullying, performance management, workers compensation claims and discrimination.
- Act as a point of escalation and advice for other members of the HR team and conduct thorough and well documented internal workplace investigations as required
- Assist managers to deliver disciplinary outcomes resulting from workplace investigations and performance improvement processes
- Participate in wage and condition audits
- Provide legal advice with respect to various employment arrangements including contractors and internal secondments.
- Undertake and support key HR projects and consultations, undertaking industrial consultations with unions and staff and co-ordinating the implementation of HR initiatives
- Represent the Group in matter before the Fair Work Commission, at relevant conciliations or with union representatives as required
- Undertake other legal work as required in the People & Legal Team under the guidance of the General Counsel and brief external counsel for legal compliance
- Provide training and awareness sessions on employment related policies and procedures and relevant legislation and case law
Knowledge acquired awareness and/or expertise
- Degree or equivalent in Law and/or Employment Relations or related field or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- Extensive knowledge of Australia’s workplace relations legislation and employment law system
- Strong ability to monitor and assess legislation and case law, and to apply relevant developments to strategy, briefings and operational practices
- Able to multitask and able to work under pressure in a dynamic and high pressure environment.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to critically analyse complex issues, identify creative solutions and take them through to a resolution/completion.
- Experience in undertaking appearance work at the Fair Work Commission