Head of Statutory and Regulatory Reporting Financial Control
Tue, 3rd May 2022
Leadership role with Iconic Financial Services Organisation
Good Career Progression Opportunities
Leading role in improving business performance and efficiencies
Our client is Australia’s leading financial services organisations with an opportunity for a Senior Finance Executive to join their group.
This role will suit a natural and methodical finance leader who has strong technical accounting, financial control, governance, project management and delivery expertise.
Working heavily with the CFO and the broader bank leadership you will play an integral part in developing and leading the Financial Control Team.
- Preparation of the annual and half-yearly Financial Statements.
- Governance and project management of the annual and half-yearly financial reporting. Manage financial statement process, including planning, coordination, undertaking technical reviews, preparing Board and Audit Committee papers and presenting to the Board
- Provide accounting advice on technical matters by research and staying up to date on technical accounting and industry developments and implement changes
- Preparation and submission of Regulatory Returns.
- Dealing with APRA, ASIC and the Internal and external Auditors.
- Develop and maintain a strong control environment, with policies and procedures documented and kept up to date
- Improve Core processes and be able to Deputise for the CFO in their absence.
- CA Qualified with at least 8-15 years PQE. Ideally with a strong background within Financial Services and or Fund Management.
- Must have strong Technical Accounting experience and an ability to manage teams with strong experience in preparing financial statements and Manage a financial Year end Close Process.