Data Architect – Global Insurance Co
Thu, 23rd June 2022
This newly created role involves working for one of the top insurance companies in Australia.
In this new role you will be providing technical architectural direction for the delivery of their Data Platform target state as well as supervising data architecture solutions embedded in enterprise transactional systems. You will define and enforce enterprise data architecture standards, principles and patterns across solution designs and will aid the establishment of a data exchange architecture to share data consistently, efficiently, and securely with external partners. You will be an integral member of the Enterprise Architecture Team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of the enterprise-wide data strategy, ensuring the strategy supports the current and future business needs.
These key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
Reporting to the Head of Data Management, you will be responsible for:
- Setting the strategy for data architecture to support the Business and IT strategies and defining and maintaining the data architecture principles.
- Defining the reference data architecture and building a framework of principles, standards and patterns to ensure data integrity across the business.
- Defining enterprise data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition.
- Creating the data architecture documents and templates for change initiatives
- Providing technical expertise for change initiatives, working with solution architects, technical architects and business product owners
- Lead the definition of the data architecture exchange model to share data with external partners.
- Provide technical oversight to Solution Architects in creating business driven solutions adhering to the enterprise architecture and data governance standards
- Work with IT and Data Governance to ensure requirements for data governance, quality, metadata management, mastering and security are delivered
- Be an active contributor to how the company evolves Data Governance practices and influence the adoption of data standards
- Be a key stakeholder and advisor in all new strategic data initiatives and ensure alignment to the enterprise-wide data strategy
- Accountable to maintain a repository of Enterprise Data Architecture artefacts such as Data Models, Data Dictionaries, Data Flow Diagrams, Data Taxonomy, etc. for transactional and decision support systems.
- Engage the wider Enterprise Architecture community to develop the target data platform data architecture
- Develop and socialise a delivery roadmap for the data platform.
- Develop the data platform framework that describes the processes to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data.
To be considered for this role you need the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer/data science technical or related field.
- Related certifications are desirable
- Experience of creating and implementing data strategies that align with business objectives
- Demonstrable experience (5+ years) delivering data projects including data warehouses, MDM, data integration, data lakes, data marts, ODS, BI & Analytics, content management. enterprise archives, and/or data management platforms.
- A comprehensive understanding of data warehousing and data transformation (extract, transform and load) processes and the supporting technologies such as Amazon Glue, EMR, Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, other analytics products.
- Excellent problem solving and data modelling skills (logical, physical, sematic and integration models) including normalisation, OLAP / OLTP principles and entity relationship analysis
- Experience of mapping key Enterprise data entities to business capabilities and applications
- A strong knowledge of horizontal data lineage from source to output
This role offers an ambitious and proven Data Architect, the opportunity to join an globally recognised Insurance company who now have a huge investment within the data capability and make an impact through your own technical understanding and ability.
You must have the right to live and work
in this location to apply for this job.