Community Occupational Therapist – Sydney
Mon, 1st November 2021
Exciting opportunity to join a team of Community Occupational Therapists in Sydney and surrounds!
Our client offers Allied health services, delivering care to the community, supporting independent living for those with disabilities and private clients throughout Sydney. A position has become available for an Occupational Therapist to join their team on a full-time basis, working with individuals with a disability under the NDIS. The client load is a mixture of both Paediatric and Adult.
This is an exciting role where no two day is the same. Your day to day will involve visiting clients in the community and providing occupational support to those who need it most. The caseload is variable ranging from completing functional assessments, home assessments and modifications, providing therapy including hand therapy, sensory, profiling and assisting with daily living skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assessment and prescription of assistive equipment
- Assessment and planning of home modifications
- Provision of rehabilitation to NDIS participants
- Provision of comprehensive functional and environmental assessments
- Comprehensive written reports
- Knowledge of the NDIS
- Clear and open communication between support coordinators and families
- Willing to take advantage of new opportunities and exciting challenges.
- Motivated to learn and contribute new ideas to promoting independence
- Empathetic towards the paediatric and disabled community
- Inspired to make a real difference in someone’s life
- Happy to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Have some experience with NDIS
- Paediatric experience is not necessary as training will be provided
Benefits of the Role:
- Supportive work environment
- Flexible work with and availibility to work-from-home
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent remuneration on offer
Conditions of Employment:
- Full AHPRA registration as an OT
- Active Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Car license and access to car