Fri, 5th November 2021
Join a leading Australian business and help them digitally transform by using your BI expertise to give business units valuable insights
My client needs a Business Intelligence Developer to work in the Data and Analytics Team (Digital Finance) with a key focus on developing, maintaining and expanding the Data and Analytics platform to achieve sanitised, enriched, governed and trusted information availability for reporting and analysis to help drive strategy and growth.
The role also requires be part of end-to-end process from requirements gather to delivery, testing and train the trainer.
Role and responsibilities:
- Individually and with Managers, ensure understanding of the vision, purpose, and strategic and stakeholder considerations
- Assist the Data and Analytics team in producing channels through which our external stakeholders can exchange the information vital to a successful partnership.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with consumers of the data models and the channels in place / produced to publish the information managed by Digital Finance.
- Provide support and empower user to promote self-server analytics
- Champion system and process changes within the business by translating complex and technical ideas into user-friendly concepts
- Develop, maintain and expand the Data and Analytics platform (Digital Finance) to provide clean and enriched information available for reporting and analysis to help drive strategy and growth.
- Provide solution and analytical insights to deepen our understanding of organisations data and its application to drive more accurate and informed decision making to help growth and success.
- Be involved in driving standardisation, quality, and automation of the data.
- Help Identify data quality issues and contribute in addressing those issues with other parts of business and help process and data owners to understand and accept accountability for Data Quality.
- Support data sourcing, data integration and data standardization activities
- Create ad-hoc reports / automated reports and visualisations of data as required (query using a range of methods to source information from corporate data stores and systems in addition to manual collation of corporate information)
To be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in business systems, IT or in a related discipline; or equivalent relevant experience
- High level knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure and Electricity Networks
- 2+ Years of experience in a similar working role focused around data engineering includes data ingestion, transformation, modelling etc.
- Must have Strong experience in SQL Server Development and MSBI Suite- Particularly SSAS,SSIS and Power BI
- Hands on Azure Synapse Analytics and good understanding of related azure technologies.
- Experience to Data Warehouse, ETL/ELT in cloud environment.
- Problem solving experience through statistical analysis or with large data sets.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and SharePoint)
- Experience working with cloud data extraction will be an advantage
- Experiences working with T SQL, M Query & DAX to derive meaningful insights & Visuals
- Strong Stakeholder engagement skills to iteratively develop tools & raise internal capability