Wed, 25th August 2021
Exciting opportunity to join dynamic and forward thinking ASX listed organisation on a permanent basis.
Our client, an ASX listed food and agricultural company is actively recruiting for a Warehouse Manager to join their expanding team on a permanent basis. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a dynamic and forward thinking organisation who are committed to creating a better future for people and the planet through their innovative products.
The position will be responsible for ensuring, operational, food safety, technology and logistical protocols are adhered to. These include the proper handling of fresh and frozen product, electronic inventory management and ensuring that orders are packed and delivered efficiently and accurately. Other equally important functions include ensuring a safe workplace, promoting safe behaviours and encouraging a positive, encouraging and progressive workplace culture.
The role reports to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for a team of full time and casual warehouse staff.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Being a people leader
- Designing or optimizing existing warehouse processes
- Ensuring that existing required protocols are being adhered to
- Overseeing inventory movements and reporting on stock
- Ensuring all safe work practices are adhered to, mitigations in place with a focus on ongoing monitoring and control
- Analysing and reporting on Distribution KPIs to ensure the business is running efficiently and within a culture of continuous improvement
- Budget analysis and reporting as required by the Operations Manager
- Support the Operations Manager with logistics required for WA, interstate and export
- Managing internally-used warehouse supplies and inventory
- Regular checking of inventory for freshness and quality
- Accountability for a clean and tidy environment in the warehouse and delivery vehicles
- Ensuring paperwork and records are accurate and signed where required
- Understand and adhere to operational protocols, while having the patience and skills to teach employees to follow them
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for leadership, experience in a fresh food warehouse environment and a passion for sustainable and organic food. The candidate will have computer fluency and a willingness to put in place and supervise modern technology protocols aligned to a company culture focused on efficiency and data driven problem solving.
Benefits and perks
Join a high energy team in a fast-growing start-up business that is funded and supports sustainable values in WA.
- 9 day fortnight benefit (on roster with the Warehouse and Operations team)
- After successful probation, eligibility to participate in the Employee Share Options Scheme
- 10% discount on full price food products
What our client is looking for (Skills/Experience/Qualities):
- A reliable and detail-oriented person with an enthusiasm for building a growth food business
- A can-do, team-focused attitude is essential for success
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – someone who understands the importance of teamwork and communication to all stakeholders
- Capability to measure and report key operational metrics on a regular basis
- The ability to work unsupervised and efficiently under specific time frames
- Prior experience with cold storage food warehouse operations is highly desirable
- 3-7 years of prior management experience desired
- Technology proficiency including basic level Excel and Word skills and an enthusiastic attitude for putting in place digital solutions to improve data capture and efficiency.
- Have a current full Australian driver’s license
- Current forklift tickets and competent in using standard and high reach forklifts highly regarded
- A good understanding of OH&S requirements/expectations in a warehouse and delivery environments
- Be physically fit: ability to lift up to 25kg
- A team-focused style – able to teach and coach a diverse employee base
- National and export distribution experience highly desirable
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role then please follow the link.
Please note, due to the number of applications only successful applicants will be contacted