Technical Lead (Policy, Product and Pricing)
Chatswood, Sydney, Australia
Fri, 20th May 2022
As Technical Lead (Policy, Product & Pricing), you will have primary responsibility on end-to-end software engineering to deliver ongoing operational
As Technical Lead (Policy, Product & Pricing), you will have primary responsibility on end-to-end software engineering to deliver ongoing operational and business initiative outcomes. You will also be supporting your team to effectively design, develop, test and release IT products under your team’s remit.
You will have an initial focus on the company’s policy, product & pricing IT products, specifically core insurance administration platforms and rating engines.
This key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Provide technical leadership and clear context to engineers at all levels across multiple product squads.
- Assume technical accountability for successful implementation of changes.
- Responsible for ensuring engineering standards and best practices are being followed, promoting timely feedback, automation, and focus on value delivery.
- Produce, contribute, and maintain technical designs, be an expert of IT products under your team’s remit.
- Assess and manage technical risks, ensuring the non-functional requirements are being captured and met.
- Drive towards the realization of the technical vision of the IT products that are being built, ensuring alignment with enterprise architecture.
- Coach product team members on all technical matters to achieve team outcomes.
- Be hands-on the tools and collaborate with multiple product squads to deliver collective outcomes.
- Triage and undertake root-cause analysis of support incidents and issues.
- Assist your team in tracking application issues and provide clear feedback on potential changes or improvements where applicable.
- Identify, analyse, and support resolution of application issues.
- Develop good understanding of the company’s policy, product & pricing IT products.
- Support technical work breakdown, estimation, and assignment.
- Support product owner and team to deliver product feature roadmaps in alignment to enterprise Agile delivery practices.
- Stay on top of relevant industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements.
To be considered for this role you need the following skills/experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Lead preferably within an insurance or financial services operation.
- Extensive experience in implementing/maintaining software applications and providing technical recommendations.
- Extensive experience in analysis and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Extensive experience in translating requirements into technical designs and actionable technical tasks meaningful to implementation team.
- Strong experience in developing Policy/Billing/Rating applications (e.g., Duck Creek, Guidewire, Fineos, SSP, etc.).
- Solid experience in developing using complex data types (e.g., XML, XSD, JSON).
- Solid understanding of data structures and hands-on experience with integrations (e.g., API and file- based integrations).
- Solid understanding of automated testing, including unit and functional testing using frameworks such as Mockito, JUnit, Selenium, etc.
- Good experience in Agile framework supporting CI/CD processes.
- Good experience delivering and owning insurance administration platforms in production.
- Solid exposure in delivery using modern work tracking toolset (e.g., Azure Boards, Jira, etc.).
- Solid understanding of SDLC.
- Industry / business knowledge of the Australian Insurance market (preferably with experience of General Insurance) is highly desirable.
This role offers an ambitious and proven Technical Lead, the opportunity to join an established company in the Insurance sector in Australia and really make an impact through their own technical understanding and ability.
To learn more about this exciting new role please contact Sahar Khalid on 0421 869 643 or to apply please send your resume to email – [email protected]
Apply for this Job