Speech Pathologist | Out of Home Care
Fri, 8th March 2019
Speech Pathology position working with at risk children/young people in out of home care. Supportive organisation with lots of learning opportunities.
MARS recruitment has partnered with a large Out of Home Care provider to assist them with a large recruitment project which comes from the acquisition of new funding.
This large not for profit organisation works with vulnerable children, young people and their families to create positive changes in their lives.
They are looking for experienced Speech Pathologists to join their Orange team. This is a full-time role (Monday to Friday).
About the role:
You will work with a team of highly skilled multi-disciplinary staff including other Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapist, Behaviour Support Clinicians, Psychologists, Counsellors, Art Therapists, Exercise Physiologist, Case Workers and Direct Support Staff to provide an Integrated Therapeutic Service. You will work directly with children and young people who are at risk through individualised, evidence based and trauma informed practices.
Your roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Using a strengths-based model to plan, deliver and evaluate Speech Pathology services for a varied client base in a 1:1 or group setting.
- Work with clients to promote emotional growth and resilience
- Utilizing a trauma informed framework and strengths based practices
- Working closely with families, carers, educators and other members of the MDT to provide an integrated therapeutic environment
- Work with one of the largest OOHC providers in Australia
- Hugely competitive pay rates
- $15,000 salary packaging
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology and SPA registration
- 2 years + post graduate experience working in Speech Pathology service to children and young people. Those who have worked with at risk clients will be highly regarded for this position
- Working with Children Check
- Recent clear national police clearance
- Unrestricted NSW drives licence
- Australian work rights
How to apply:
To apply online, forward your resume by using the ‘Apply for job’ button, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Roisin Coffey on 02 9003 4935 or Roisin.Coffey@marsrecruitment.com.au
Only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted about this role