AU$65000 - AU$100000 per annum
Caulfield South, Melbourne, Australia
Wed, 21st April 2021
Each of the 17 team members brings their own unique ‘spark’ to our practice. Our constant stream of new referrals
Each of the 17 team members brings their own unique ‘spark’ to our practice. Our constant stream of new referrals means our demand for additional therapists just keeps growing.
Spark Speech Pathology is a busy private practice located in South Caulfield. We are looking to employ full-time, part time and/or sessional Speech Pathologists. Although experienced therapists are desirable, new graduates are encouraged to apply too. Our caseload is mixed, consisting of clients with a range of speech, language, literacy, stuttering and social skills difficulties, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Intellectual Disabilities. We have a particular interest in individuals with social skills difficulties and we are currently running multiple Social Skills groups per week.
We offer individual and group therapy at our clinic in Caulfield South, as well as mobile visits at local kindergartens, schools and clients’ homes. We also offer whole class language and social skill sessions for different ages. Although the majority of our caseload is paediatric, we do have several adult clients and there is the potential to see these clients for therapy if desired. Additionally, we run professional development workshops for parents, integration aides and teachers.
There is a team of Occupational Therapists onsite enabling a collaborative approach for many clients who access both Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy Services.
What we offer:
– Flexibility and encouragement to have a work/life balance so you can enjoy those holidays, special events and memorable occasions with family and friends. -Individualised working hours as well as flexible start and finish times can be arranged. We strongly believe that you will be able to give of your best when your needs are listened to.
–Above award rate starting salary with pay increases as an acknowledgement of your outstanding performance.
· An extremely supportive environment with weekly clinical support, advice and mentoring from experienced Speech Pathologists with a combined experience of 60+ years. We have ongoing team meetings throughout the year. An overall great team environment with professional development sessions provided as regular fun, social gatherings. Our staff lunch table is a beautiful daily tradition for team members to close their laptops and really engage with one another on a social level.
- Access to our team’s expertise, as our team consisting of Speech Pathologists with varied training in current and gold standard practices such as: MSLE, Prompt, Attention Autism, Hanen, PECS, Lidcombe, Social Thinking,DIR Floortime and Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment. We also have therapists with specialised experience in specific areas such as Fragile X Syndrome and the Attention Autism program.
- A budget to be used for professional development. We highly encourage all those on our team to attend Professional Developments and bring back their new knowledge to share with the team.
- An extensive range of assessments and therapy resources available with new resources constantly being purchased. We also have a large database of resources online that can be easily accessed. We are always open to purchasing new resources and assessments based on therapists’ requests.
- Administrative staff to take care of all invoicing and client payments. Our practice management system is online and easy to use. Any invoicing queries are immediately handled by our administrative staff.
– A varied caseload tailored to your interests
– Opportunities for career progression based on your personal areas of passion
Qualifications and requirements:
- Eligibility for Certified Practising Speech Pathology Australia membership
- Professional Indemnity Cover and Public Liability Insurance
- Current Working with Children Check
- Private vehicle preferred but not essential
To apply online, forward your resume by using the ‘Apply for job’ button, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Holly Gilson on 02 9003 4907 or [email protected]
Only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted about this position.
Apply for this Job