Senior Taxation Accountant
Mon, 16th March 2020
Opportunity for first time big 4 mover
Opportunity for a strong tax accountant to make the move into commerce from the big 4. International group with supportive team.
This organisation services many blue chip players in the resources sector, and is a leader in its field of expertise, both in Autralia and internationally. They have a strong leadership team and supportive work environment, and have been established as a brand for many years aross the globe.
Reporting to the GM Finance this position will be primarily responsible for manging the companies tax obligations. Duties will include:
- Developing and implementing appropriate tax policies for the group
- Preparation of tax compliance returns
- Assist with R&D tax requirements, FBT and payroll taxes
- Assist with risk reviews and audits
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the wider finance team with all related tax matters
- Maintaining and developing external and inernal relationships to manage tax issues.
- Ad-hoc projects as required
You must be CA or CPA qualified or hold a masters of taxation. You will either have between 3 and 5 years experience in a similar role, or else be looking to make your first move from a big 4 or mid tier corproate tax team. Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a team are essential to be successful.