Senior Oracle Database Administrator – Financial Services
Fri, 16th July 2021
This newly created role involves working for an iconic financial services company. Working within their very established application support team.
This newly created role involves working for an iconic financial services company. Working within their very established application support team and due to grow they need to hire an experienced Database Administrator.
This role comes with a wide range of responsibilities such as:
- Provide support for the investigation and resolution of problems concerning corporate application databases.
- Monitor and optimise the performance of application databases to meet performance and service level agreements.
- Maintain the database installations and configurations in all development, QA and production environments and assist with capacity and performance planning.
- Assist with vendor support and license management.
- Participate in DBA tasks, e.g. upgrades, installations, backup and recovery, tuning, performance monitoring, day -to-day support. Meet availability and capacity targets for corporate databases. Maintain corporate databases to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in development of corporate databases to meet requirements of new initiatives. Provide advice and guidance on database technology for new business systems.
- Investigate opportunities to improve existing procedures, processes and service. Effective communication with developers and business units on both technical and business levels. Close relationships with development teams and effective team work
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills/experience:
10+ experience as a Senior Database Administrator using Oracle Database and Microsoft SQL Server including high availability technologies.
- Data architecture and modelling experience in complex applications integration environments.
- Proficient knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant discipline.
- Programming experience.
The following skills are desirable:
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Oracle Rdb
- Experience with Netezza
- Experience with Actifio
Experience working with Business Intelligence platforms