Senior Manager – Finance Legal Entity Control
Fri, 8th February 2019
Future succession plan to be part of the Executive Committee. Role with autonomy, diversity and people leadership. Fantastic work culture.
This is a rare senior level appointment operating as the 2ic to the department head and will be groomed as the future succession plan. You will be the main point of contact for new business and infrastructure related initiatives covering the Sydney branch. The role provides exposure to senior management across the region through finance committees and forums.
- Manage a team of 4 accountants
- Manage the business as usual financial accounting and control of the Sydney Branch (largest and more complex entity) with oversight of the offshore team
- Accountable for ensuring that the group reporting deadlines are achieved
- Review of the regulatory financial submissions to APRA and liaison with the external auditors
- Working with various departments (Front Office in IB and PB, Product Control, Tax and Legal, New Business) to support business initiatives.
- Drive process improvement across Sydney and offshore teams
- Oversee MI team
- Attend and present at the Control Committee and the monthly Finance Committee
- Oversee the maintenance of the accounting records in accordance with local GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP requirements
- CA/ CPA qualified
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of regulatory reporting requirements in the context of Sydney branch products.
- Possess a solid understanding of Sydney branch products and accounting treatment
- Sound knowledge of investment banking products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to operate across multiple multi-disciplinary teams and locations
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to get into the detail as well as see the big picture
- Banking/Financial Services experience
Senior Manager – Finance, Banking & Projects
(02) 9003 4904