Senior Commercial Analyst
Wed, 7th October 2020
A unique opportunity to join the high-performing team of a prominent metals and mining company.
Our client, a prestigous metals and mining company with high quality assets dotted across the globe. Specialising in the exploration, development, processing, and marketing of resilient commodities. With a strong balance sheet and strong appetite for growth, they are well positioned to capitalise on market conditions and have a significant pipeline of internaland external projects to work from.
Due to continued organic growth and internal promotions, the business wish to appoint a Senior Analyst or Principal (depending on level of experience) into their team. Lead by reputable industry figure heads, the team boast an impressive line-up of likeminded corporate finance and technical experts. Provide timely commercial advice and analytical support to identify key drivers for optimising project value. As Senior Analyst/Principal, you will report directly into the Manager of Business Planning and Analysis also offering support to the EGM of Business Development.
Mandated to growing and maintaining the company’s high performing assets you will also play a key role in:
- Effectively contributing to the strategic development and planning processes of the business
- Identifying trends and presenting insightful analysis to inform key decision making
- Creating, developing and maintaining complex financial models for mining projects & investments
- Conducting thorough due diligence processes to assess the financial viability of programmes
- Presenting your analysis and investment proposals to Senior Executives
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
This is an ideal opportunity for a mining technical expert and/or a corporate finance professional seeking their next challenge in a rewarding commercial role. Ideally, you will have 4-7 years’ experience in a similar type role within a natural resources company or come from an Investment Banking, Boutique or Big4 corporate finance team with direct Metals & Mining experience.
To be successful you will have:
- Degree qualification in Commerce, Economics, Science or Engineering
- Postgraduate qualification in either: CA, CPA, MBA, CFA, or Master of Applied Finance
- A minimum of 4 years’ mining finance and/or technical background as Mining Engineer or Geologist
- Advanced modelling skills and strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercially astute with demonstrated experience in stakeholder management
- The ability to think strategically and work collaboratively to solve complex scenarios
How to Apply
If you would like to express an interest and keen to learn more about this opportunity then click “apply” through the appropriate link. Alternatively, if you meet the pre-requisite and would prefer to have a confidential discussion about your career as well as other related opportunities then get in touch with me directly at email@example.com or on 08 6465 4690.