Senior Analyst – Corporate Development
Fri, 10th July 2020
Excellent opportunity to join one of the most active corporate development teams. Complete on transactions and add notable projects to your CV.
Our client is a dynamic mining company with high quality assets dotted across the southern hemisphere. Specialising in the exploration, development, processing, and marketing of a resilient commodity. With a strong balance sheet and aggressive growth plan, they are well positioned to capitalise on current market conditions and a significant project pipeline in place.
Due to considerable growth, the business wish to appoint a Senior Analyst or Principal (depending on level of experience) into their corporate development team. Lead by a reputable industry figure head, the team boast an impressive line-up of likeminded corporate finance and mining professionals. Join them as they enter an exciting phase of buyside activity and development of major internal projects. As Senior Analyst/Principal, you will report directly into the Manager of Corporate Development and support GM of Corporate Development & Chief Executive.
Mandated to growing the company’s asset base you will also play a key role in:
- Effectively contributing to the strategic corporate development and planning process
- Identifying trends and presenting insights to inform key decision making
- Research and industry analysis
- Creating and developing complex financial models for mining projects & investments
- Run due diligence processes
- Assessment of external Mergers & Acquisitions opportunities with JV partners
- Asset evaluations
- Presenting investment proposals to the Executive
- Advising Senior Leaders on major internal projects
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
This is an ideal opportunity for a mining finance professional seeking their next challenge in a rewarding role. Ideally, you will have 4-7 years’ experience in a related role within a resources company performing a similar function or come from an Investment Banking, Boutique IB or Big4 Corporate Finance team with industry focused M&A experience.
To be successful you will have:
- Degree qualification in Commerce, Economics, Science or Engineering
- Postgraduate qualification in either: CA, CPA, MBA, CFA, or Master of Applied Finance
- A minimum of 4 years’ mining finance and/or deals experience in the sector
- Background in a similar in-house role or mining focused advisory
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial acumen with demonstrated experience in stakeholder management
- The ability to think strategically and work collaboratively to solve complex scenarios
How to Apply
If you would like to express interest and keen to learn more about the opportunity, then click “apply” through the appropriate link. Alternatively, if you meet the pre-requisite and would prefer to have a confidential discussion about your career, then get in touch with us directly on 08 6465 4690.