Senior Actuarial Advisor
Wed, 23rd September 2020
Seeking an experienced actuarial advisor in either private health insurance or general insurance, with a consultancy background.
This role is responsible for:
- Providing advice on the interpretation of standards, guidance notes and rules, with a view to ensuring the consistent and quality delivery of technical advice.
- Providing input to the development of the framework to help ensure it remains current and evolves.
- Responding to areas where technical advice is needed most and juggling priorities to meet the needs of supervisors.
- Managinga demanding set of priorities and internal clients, and determining the most effective form of providing effective support.
- Matchingresources against identified needs, given the large range of organisational types and activities supervised (banks, other deposit takers, superannuation funds and insurers).
- Achievinguniformity and consistency of interpretations, and responses to supervised organisations from staff across the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A qualified actuary.
- Upto date with industry issues, international supervisory developments and legislative environment.
- Excellent analytical, investigative and drafting skills.
- Consulting background with immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, project management, self and priority management.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills for prioritising demands, addressing inquiries and developing relationships with the organisations staff.