Senior Accountant | Property
Wed, 23rd September 2020
Exciting opportunity for an experienced property accountant looking to join an established brand and build their career.
MARS Recruitment are currently partnering with one of Australia’s premier property groups who pride themselves on excellent career progression and a fun, vibrant culture. The organisation have a great reputation in the Sydney market and nationally are a destination employer for candidates.
A role has become available in their office and industrial division for an experienced Senior Property Accountant to hit the ground running after a considerable uptake in work due a reshuffle within a few different teams.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Overall accountability for the accounting and reporting tasks across a portfolio of assets
- Produce financial reports in an accurate and timely manner to enable decision making
- Prepare monthly accruals and forecasts.
- Co-ordinate the budgeting and forecasting process for the portfolio including the review and critique of assumptions of budgets provided by Property Managers, Asset Managers, and Analysts.
- Ensure property balance sheet is reconciled in line with policies
- Preparation of Owner remittances
The successful candidate will have come from:
- CA background, qualified or part-qualified
- 3+ years’ experience with a property management group or recognised property accounting experienced
- Strong understanding of the property landscape in Sydney; this is important as you will have access to senior stakeholders who build the ‘bigger picture’
- Ability to explain this and how it all marries together is crucial in success for this role
- Excellent communication skills – relating to the above; dealing with senior stakeholders.
If this sounds like you next role or you would like to find out more, apply below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org