Recruitment Officer – Government
Mon, 8th February 2021
Recruitment without the pressure of being responsible for finding the needle in a haystack candidate. Exceptional stakeholder management is imperative
Representing our government client, we are recruiting for a Recruitment Officer to join the Talent team at Open Arms Australia.
Open Arms Australia provides services around mental health and wellbeing support for current and ex-serving Australian Defence Force personnel and their families.
This is a 12-month contract, paid at an hourly rate. The role has potential to be extended for four years.
This Recruitment Officer role will be based in the Sydney CBD offices working with hiring managers and agencies to facilitate the recruitment for Greater NSW. Working alongside four other Recruitment Officers and reporting into the Recruitment Team Leader based in Brisbane, this is a newly created role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional stakeholder management. This role does not actively get involved in recruiting candidates, but would be responsible for liaising between hiring managers and on panel agencies to fill vacancies. This role would suit candidates who have worked in a high-volume labour hire role, agency and contingency.
Typical duties include:
- Undertake the HR labour hire recruitment role, supporting regions with the centralised recruitment function and on-boarding new labour hire staff.
- Be the point of contact between Open Arms and all recruitment agencies in relation to recruitment activities.
- Arranging interviews for candidates with recruitment agencies on behalf of regions.
- Manage negotiation and drafting of short-term labour hire contracts. Prepare contracts and reports (as required) for effective human resources delivery.
- Onboarding of new labour hire staff.
- Arranging contract extensions as directed by the Workforce Manager.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with recruitment agencies, labour hire contractors and internal staff members in order to achieve business objectives.
If you are interested in working for this not-for-profit, please apply now.
***Unfortunately, Open Arms is only able to accept candidates who are AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS. This is because of the imperative security checks which require employees to be Australia Citizens. Please ONLY apply if you are an AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN.***