Rates Officer – local government
Fri, 25th January 2019
An experienced Rates Officer is required for an initial 6 month contract with the potential to go permanent at a local council in the Western Suburbs.
- Provide a customer focused service to clients (internal and external) by ensuring that all rates administrative functions are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Input, retrieve and provide reports and data from system including change of address, notices of sale or transfer, section 603 certificates, journals, refunds and postponed rates.
- Review and enter pensioner rebate verifications.
- Processing and reconciling of electronic funds transfer of rate payments.
- Processing of dishonoured cheques.
- Follow up and recover outstanding payments.
- Carry out property inspections for rating purposes.
- Assist with any other Ad Hoc duties related to the role as required.
- Provide advice and support to assist internal clients in meeting their business needs
- Answer enquiries (oral and written) from internal and external customers
- Contribute and provide input as part of the team for the setting of goals and objectives.
- A minimum of one year experience in a local government rates and revenue environment is essential
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent workplace learning or successful completion of a bookkeeping certificate or equivalent business related certificate
- Strong customer service skills.
Senior Consultant – Finance and Accounting
02 9003 4916