Portfolio Test Manager – Non Functional experience
Wed, 7th April 2021
This newly created role involves working for a nationally recognized company and would allow you to move into a very established environment.
This newly created role involves working for a nationally recognized company and would allow you to move into a very established and dynamic environment.
The role of Portfolio Test Manager is responsible for establishing and leading a contemporary enterprise non-functional test practice.
You will set the medium to long term non-functional test strategy and direction and be responsible for developing and growing the company’s non-functional testing capability from a process, people, skills, and tools perspective.
You will be managing and leading the non-functional testing of multiple projects, develop and deliver stakeholder engagement materials relating to non- functional testing approach and results, issue’s, and risks.
This role comes with a wide range of responsibilities such as:
- Establish and lead a contemporary non-functional testing practice, including frameworks, processes, and governance structures
- Set the medium to long term non-functional test strategy and direction
- Engage on projects to implement appropriate non-functional test strategies and test governance
- Provide guidance and input on non-functional requirements, e.g. completeness and testability
- Develop and deliver stakeholder engagement materials relating to non-functional testing approach and results, issues, and risks
- Ensure non-functional test practices and processes are contemporary and consistent, meet regulatory requirements and are fit for purpose
- Senior stakeholder engagement to ensure the non-functional test approach is understood, addresses stakeholder requirements and risks are appropriately raised and managed
- Work closely with senior business partners to analyse new projects, technology solutions and products from a non-functional testing perspective, acting as a trusted advisor for non-functional quality and operational resilience.
- Work closely with external testing partners to ensure the most valued and delivered testing complies with required standards and governance requirements.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills/experience
- Experienced Non-functional Test Manager with a background in leading the non-functional testing for industry- scale IT-driven change
- Experience in leading teams to create and maintain an extensive suite of non-functional test artefacts, including strategies, plans and execution timelines
- Experience in leading a team to provide detailed analysis of non-functional test results and ability to provide proactive feedback on system scaling to engineering and architecture peers in real-time
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex delivery structure with several key partners/vendors and multiple stakeholders. This role offers an experienced Manager an excellent and rewarding career move into an extremely established environment where you can really manage the strategies and governance across the team.