Physiotherapist | Community Aged-Care | Western Sydney
Thu, 21st March 2019
Work with a skilled MDT of Physios, OTs, Speechies, Dietitians, Social Workers.
Pool car availalbe to use during working hours. Generous locum rates
3 month locum position. Flexible between 2 and 4 days per week.
Community aged-care position. Work with clients in their own home to help maximise their independence and prevent hospital admittance.
Our client is looking for an experienced Physiotherapist to join their Community team.
This locum position is to start as soon as possible and will run for 2 to 3 months.
The position is based in the Western Sydney region.
This is a part-time position for between 2 and 4 days per week. Days are negotiable within Monday to Friday, standard working hours.
About the role:
You will provide Physiotherapy service to elderly clients in their own homes. You will work alongside a highly skilled team of Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Social Workers, and a Psychologist. Your roles and responsibilities will include the following:
- You will manage a caseload of about 10-14 clients.
- You will focus on facilitating clients in maximising their functional capacity regarding activities of daily living and evaluate their options for ongoing care as required.
- You will provide intervention that includes case management, clinical care and coordination of intensive support, including implementation of specific physiotherapy plans and rehabilitation care.
- You will see clients who have a range of different needs, but will predominantly deal with a musculoskeletal and orthopaedic caseload.
- Tertiary qualifications in Physiotherapy
- Full AHPRA Registration
- Demonstrated experience in Physiotherapy service, in particularly orthopaedics, musculoskeletal physiotherapy, and community aged care / rehabilitation.
- Unrestricted Driver’s License
To apply online, forward your resume by using the ‘Apply for job’ button, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Roisin Coffey on 02 9003 4935 or Roisin.Coffey@marsrecruitment.com.au.
Only applicants who meet the above selection criteria will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.