Perm OT | Paeds | Southwest Syd
Thu, 10th December 2020
Join a fast growing private practice in southwest Sydney working alongside a multidisciplinary team – Limited AHPRA registration welcome to apply.
Our client is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join their growing team in South-West Sydney. Full time preferred, however Part Time may be available for the right candidate. Do you want to grow and develop your skills in paediatric occupational therapy under the guidance of an experienced Occupational Therapy Team Leader?
About the role
· Conducting Initial Assessments
· Conducting ADL, developmental, sensory, play, cognitive assessments to identify needs and develop therapy plans
· Developing goals with children, their parents and other parties such as teachers, case workers and other allied health practitioners
· Deliver therapy to help build capacity of the children and families they work with, this may include working on development of self care skills, handwriting/ fine motor skills, gross motor skills, sensory processing, play and emotional regulation skills.
· Travelling to offsite appointments as needed – for school and home visits
· Report writing: Assessment Reports, Progress Reports, Discharge Summaries
· Working closely with the multi disciplinary team of Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners and Support Coordinators.
· High remuneration commensurate with experience
· Specific case load in Paediatrics to develop specialisation
· Full support and training, whether you are a new grad or experienced OT
· Access to modern clinic, a range of OT Assessments and therapy resources
· Regular mentoring and coaching including fortnightly team training
· Clear accountabilities so you know how to be successful in this role
· Bonus and salary increases for high performance
· Administrative support to manage bookings, service agreements, therapy resources.
· Qualifications in Occupational Therapy
· Registration with AHPRA
· Eligibility for Medicare Provider Number
· Unrestricted Drivers Licence
· Access to a vehicle to use for work (KMs reimbursed)
· Clear Criminal Record Clearance & Working With Children’s Check
· Knowledge and understanding of paediatric occupational therapy or experience in occupational therapy from another area of practice
· Experience working with individuals, families and children with a disability.
· Experience of working with a multidisciplinary team