Payroll and Accounts Payable Officer | Part Time
$75,000 to $100,000
Wed, 2nd December 2020
Excellent dual Payroll and AP role suited to an experienced individual looking for work on a part-time capacity
MARS Recruitment are excited to be partnering with a long standing organisation within the wider community. This is an excellent, diverse opportunity that would suit an individual who is looking for permanent work, but on a part time basis. This role would also provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to get involved across different areas of the business most particularly within both a Payroll and an Accounts Payable function – providing diversity to the role and broad set of responsibilities.
Further to this, with a mindset of process improvement and automation within the organisation, this role will provide opportunities to work within a project capacity at times as the business continues to evolve and grow. Situated within Sydney’s Inner West region also provides the opportunity to commute to work via either public transport or car if preferred.
- Processing salaries and allowances – New employees, Change of Employment Conditions, Termination Payout, Bonus Payment, relevant shift/site/travel etc. allowances payment.
- Process all deductions such as Salary Sacrifice. Superannuation, CSA, and other deductions.
- Process the weekly pay run for employees
- Administration and reconciliation of employee leave entitlements.
- Process Workers Compensation payments, payroll tax , superannuation contribution etc.
- Ensure all Payroll related accounts are reconciled with Financial project costings and postings data.
- Set up, maintain and update existing Contractors on the payroll system.
- Ensuring all employee information is kept up-to-date and on the employee’s personnel file.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Federal and State legislation and maintaining confidentiality of payroll data with privacy legislation.
- Resolve relevant payroll queries.
- Receiving and processing invoices for goods and services.
- Coding and allocating purchase order and invoices to particular cost centres.
- Processing and entering invoices into accounting system.
- Obtain approval for payment of invoices.
- Paying invoices by EFT, cheque and online banking.
- Reconciling the General Ledger and Bank reconciliations accounts.
- Ad hoc duties as required
- At minimum, 4 years experience across either Payroll or Accounts Payable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy