Operational Risk Manager Financial Services
Fri, 20th September 2019
Operational Risk Manager at a well-known household brand (financial services)
Flat structure, open door policy, gain invaluable exposure to senior management
Competitive $$$ with work / life balance and a collaborative working environment
This is your ideal role if you have a strong theoretical understanding of Risk & are ready to put it into practice, at a market leading organisation.
Work in a specialist operational risk role at a leading medium sized Financial Services organisation (300) who put their people first and adopts an open door policy. This company operates a flat structure so you will gain invaluable exposure across the business. You will also gain exposure to the broader risk team and to the senior leadership team. Reporting into the Senior Manager, you will have an experienced and reputable mentor to act as your career coach.
Centrally located offices in Sydney CBD.
You will be rewarded for your hard work with excellent company benefits and perks; gain all the benefits of a large corporate, in a medium sized business with great exposure to senior staff. You will report into an experienced Senior Manager who will mentor and guide you.
· Assist the business to develop effective, efficient and commercial mitigation strategies for identified risks and causes of incidents
· Design effective and efficient controls testing to provide independent assurance that key controls working effectively across the business including sales channels.
· Monitor and challenge the implementation of the risk management framework including investigating and reporting progress against risk remediation plans and issues.
· Assist the business in establishing Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) that enable effective monitoring of risks and early identification of potential issues.
· Perform investigations into fraudulent activities as necessary.
· Design and deliver relevant and engaging risk management training to business staff.
You will have:
- A theoretical understanding of Risk
- Knowledge in designing and implementing risk management frameworks
- The confidence to liaise, educate and communicate with senior stakeholders
- A background in Risk or Audit from a Big4 consultancy or a Financial Services organisation will be highly regarded but not essential. (This Manager is happy to train someone up, who has a theoretical understanding of Risk)
* This organisation offers a range of benefits and discounts *
MARS Risk and Compliance welcome all applicants for a confidential career discussion for this role or any other suitable Audit, Risk and Compliance positions that we are currently working on.
To be eligible for this role you will need full working rights for Australia.
Please send your CV to Rachelle Hayes at Rachelle.Hayes@marsrecruitment.com.au or apply via the links below.