Occupational Therapist | Regional NSW | Work with Indigenous communities
Fri, 4th January 2019
Fantastic opportunity for an OT to work with children, adults and elderly clients in Indigenous communities in regional NSW.
Our client is a not for profit based in regional NSW. They service isolated regional towns and communities and have a large Indigenous client base. The organisation focuses on early intervention, disease prevention, lifestyle modification and health education and promotion.
They have a full-time permanent opportunity for an Occupational Therapist available.
About the role:
This is a full-time permanent position for an Occupational Therapist. You will be the sole Occupational Therapist in this location but they do have an Occupational Therapist on the team in another site.
You will join a multidisciplinary team that includes Dieticians, Exercise Physiologists, and Primary Care staff. You will be responsible for the provision of Occupational Therapy services across a varied caseload of children, adolescents, adults and elderly clients.
Your roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessment of the physical, functional and psycho-social needs of clients
- Development and implementation of intervention programs
- Home modifications and equipment prescription
- Education and mentoring for key people such as Teachers, Youth Workers etc.
- Case management and conferences
- Assisting funding applications
- Generous salary package
- Salary sacrifice
- 17.5% leave loading
- Heavily subsidised accommodation options
- Travel assistance to the location
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy and full AHPRA registration
- An understanding of Aboriginal communities and culture and keen interest in working with clients from these communities
- Prior post-graduate experience working as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent police clearance and NSW WWCC
- Full and clean drivers licence
How to apply:
To apply online, forward your resume by using the ‘Apply for job’ button, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Roisin Coffey on 02 9003 4935 or email me on Roisin.Coffey@marsrecruitment.com.au
*Only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted in response to this job advert.