Occupational Therapist | Out of Home Care | Western Sydney
Fri, 1st February 2019
MARS recruitment has partnered with a large Out of Home Care provider to source OTs to work with at risk children and young people in Western Sydney
MARS recruitment has partnered with a large Out of Home Care provider to assist them with a large recruitment project which comes from the acquisition of new funding.
This large not for profit organisation works with vulnerable children, young people and their families to create positive changes in their lives.
They are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join their Blacktown team.
About the role:
You will work with a team of highly skilled multi-disciplinary staff including other Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Clinicians, Case Workers and Direct Support Staff to provide an Integrated Therapeutic Service. You will work directly with children and young people who are at risk through individualised, evidence based and trauma informed practices.
Your roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Using a strengths-based model to plan, deliver and evaluate Occupational Therapy services for your clients. This may relate to ADLs, functional performance, gross and/or fine motor skills, sensory processing, handling and sensory integration.
- Assessment of sensory, safety, permanency and wellbeing of the clients
- Utilizing a trauma informed framework for your Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention
- Working closely with families, carers, educators and other members of the MDT to provide an integrated therapeutic environment
- Work with the largest OOHC providers in Australia
- Hugely competitive pay rates
- $15,000 salary packaging
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy and full AHPRA registration
- 2 years + post graduate experience working in Occupational Therapy service to children and young people. Those who have worked with at risk clients will be highly regarded for this position
- Working with Children Check
- Recent clear national police clearance
- Unrestricted NSW drives licence
- Australian work rights
How to apply:
To apply online, forward your resume by using the ‘Apply for job’ button, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Roisin Coffey on 02 9003 4935 or Roisin.Coffey@marsrecruitment.com.au
Only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted about this role.