NUM – Residential Aged Care
Tue, 26th April 2022
Our client is a not-for- profit organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, providing residential and community care for
Our client is a not-for- profit organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) to join the team at our client’s community, located in Morwell, Victoria.
This role is full time permanent. You will be part of the facility’s Senior Management Team and will be expected to ensure that all staff deliver high quality care according to the Aged Care Standards and that the delivery of this care meets the needs of the residents.
- Ensure clinical care is delivered to all consumers as per scope of each staff member’s practice & AHPRA guidelines and ensures full clinical compliance with care according to the New Aged Care Standards.
- Ensures care reflects current best practice guidelines & respects the individual consumer’s needs & preferences with dignity.
- Ensures all staff (casual & permanent) are clear on documentation requirements & ensure clear, consistent & compliant records are maintained for their area.
- Attend site meetings & mandatory staff training as required or directed by site Manager. Encourage & facilitate educational development of the team – ensure own awareness of educational options & communicate same regularly.
- Liaise with both internal & external customers (consumers, families, contractors & visitors) in a compassionate, helpful manner that best reflects the Baptcare Mission & Vision statement.
- Ensures all required reporting (risk, audits, reviews) are completed as per schedules & ensures appropriate reporting & action if results under expected limits.
- Current registration with AHPRA (essential)
- Recent position in clinical aged care management (no less than 1 year)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to supervise and motivate staff and work collaboratively within a team
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as a member of the Residential Services Management Team to achieve goals
- Demonstrate a commitment to best practice in aged care, maintaining an optimal level of dignity, comfort, and quality of life for care recipients living in our aged care facilities
- Excellent salary on offer
- Salary packaging options with up to $18,500k pa tax free
- Supportive and friendly team
If you feel this position is for you, please click the ‘APPLY’ button today or contact Linda Cominetti on 08 6465 4693 or email me on [email protected] for more details.
Apply for this Job