Marketing Events Manager
Fri, 20th September 2019
Great team and working environment
An exciting opportunity to join a high performing team, initially on a contract basis but with a high chance of becoming a permanent role.
About the role
The Marketing Events Manager is responsible for the management of a range of events to support client acquisition and retention along with other marketing objectives, including brand positioning.
This role is responsible for both corporate and internal events, as well as merchandising and the management of event email marketing campaigns.
Role requirements and responsibilities:
- Manage and implement all external events as detailed within the event marketing plan
- Ensure delivery of consistently high quality evolving events; including supplier research, booking facilities/venues, theming, creating and sending invitations, coordinating RSVPs, arranging catering and all other logistics.
- Work with the marketing team and business development team members to ensure appropriate distribution of industry, corporate hospitality and thought leadership events across all states, to maximise client acquisition and retention.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to manage all sponsorships (including conferences) to ensure appropriate, consistent and visible exposure for the brand.
- Manage all event email campaigns in CRM system, Salesforce – an affinity for digital marketing is a key component of the role.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Sales team, portfolio management teams and other key stakeholders across all levels.
- Management of all elements of merchandising, including the selection, purchasing, distribution and inventory control of merchandise items.
- Prepare and report full costings and de-briefs on all major events.
Background and experience:
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience in an events management role, ideally with a focus on business-to-business marketing
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- High level of practical events knowledge and skills
- Ability to manage event invitations and RSVPs via email automation
- An affinity for digital marketing is a key component of the role.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and influence
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage project independent and multi-task
- Strong budget management skills
- Prioritisation skills and ability to make decisions
- Ability to work effectively in a team, to communicate broadly across the business and work collaboratively with other areas