Marketing Business Development Manager
Wed, 8th April 2020
Join a leading global law firm to help to identify and nurture new opportunities within the projects and construction space.
Join a global law firm and have BD responsibility for the Projects and Construction practice in Australia. You’ll work with one of the leading Projects and Construction groups in Australia to be a part of a creative, ambitious and globally focused practice leading the way with client engagement.
You will help oversee the delivery of sector and key client plans, in a hands-on, busy role with the opportunity to make an impact and support financial growth. You’ll be an integral member of the Australian and APAC BD teams.
Key areas of focus:
- Driving business development activity in line with agreed business plans
- Initiating and delivering initiatives to win new business and grow existing client relationships
- Planning and delivering capability statements, pitches and formal tender responses
- Managing client events, collateral, lawyer CVs, infographics, article publishing, digital content, social media activity and legal directory submissions.
- Leading cross practice client collaboration with BD Managers responsible for the construction, transport, employment, insurance and corporate teams
- Overseeing the maintenance of client contact lists
- Leading global Project and Construction profiling and key client campaigns with global BD colleagues
- Driving communication and information sharing to further connect the Australian Project and Construction team
- Proactively contributing to the development of BD processes, knowledge and team performance
- Responsible for delivering marketing and business development services and campaigns for the Project and Construction practice, in line with the firm’s regional and international strategy. The role will be focused on Australia, but will also involve delivering BD initiatives across multiple jurisdictions and target markets, including profiling and events in the APAC region.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Over two years’ business development experience within a professional services organisation
- Qualifications in a relevant field (i.e. commerce, marketing, law, communications) and ideally an interest in creative design or digital technology
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills, and strong Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Strong people skills, and the energy and passion to drive new business initiatives, influence partners, and deliver and analyse results
- A commercial and open mindset with the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of new opportunities and alternative solutions
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple priorities under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Hands-on experience in planning client events and workshops, with high client contact across all levels, including senior management
This is the job description as constituted at present; however the Firm reserves the right to reasonably amend it in accordance with the changing needs of the business.