Manager – Regulatory Reporting | Leading Global Bank
Fri, 1st February 2019
Career enhancing opportunity for a highly skilled qualified accountant to join the regulatory reporting team within a banking giant.
Fantastic opportunity for a highly skilled and qualified accountant to join a leading bank with a massive global reach.
The primary purpose of this position is to effectively manage juniors within the team and ensure the compilation, reconciliation and analysis of Prudential and other Compliance reports to meet regulatory and statistical reporting requirements.
- Act as a key liaison between the onshore and off shore team with the responsibility of providing technical and process support for Regulatory returns.
- Process improvements across the finance team including involvement in UAT testing for various projects
- Production and timely completion of local prudential and statistical returns including, APRA Balance sheet and supplementary schedules, APRA International Exposure schedules, APRA Commercial Property and Business Finance schedules, APRA Large Exposure and Exposure to Related Entities schedules
- Internal B&D reporting compilation
- Assisting in preparation of local and regional reporting schedules and other regulatory returns
- Perform analysis and commentary on returns produced
- Able to interpret APRA standards and reporting guidelines
- Keep abreast of the latest development from APRA regarding Prudential Standards and other market development
- Maintain and improve reporting processes, templates and models with aim to build incremental transparency, robust audit trail and reconciliations
- CA or CPA qualified
- 5+ years of direct experience in financial accounting with direct regulatory reporting experience
- The ability to work in a professional team and manage financial risk in a complex environment
- High analytical ability and communication skills to clearly articulate financial numbers
- Ability to work under pressure, with strong organisational skills and the ability to deliver on tight deadlines with accuracy and speed
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with various levels of internal and external stakeholders both locally, regionally and internationally
For a confidential discussion, please contact Iris Aebi on +612 9003 4904