Manager Enterprise Risk Management
Thu, 3rd September 2020
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Risk Specialist based in Sydney CBD
- Implement and maintain the company’s enterprise risk management methodology, system and reporting in line with better practice and professional standards. This includes the implementation of the company’s risk appetite statement and development and roll out risk tolerance and key risk indicator methodology.
- Implement the enterprise risk management software. Prepare a risk management guide and roll out training for risk owners across the company. Conduct periodical benchmarking in support of functional excellence. Continuously improve enterprise risk management solution.
- Promote risk / control culture across the company. Provide leadership by maintaining, monitoring and regularly updating the enterprise risk profile.
- Maintain open and timely communication with stakeholders to keep them abreast of enterprise risk management activities and to ensure the effective / consistent integration of other companywide risk activities.
- Periodically confirm with business the completeness and accuracy of the group material risk profile and effectiveness of controls. Pro-actively collaborate with business units and professional networks / services firms on the timely identification of emerging risks.
- Actively monitor risks that exceed the company’s risk appetite / tolerance and collaborate with business units on the adequacy of risk mitigating efforts. Collaborate with the business to establish key risk indicators and track incidents.
- Support business units by organising risk workshops on agreed focus areas and participating in risk discussions across the broader business (e.g. mergers & acquisitions, projects) where they are material to the enterprise risk profile. Respond to ad-hoc queries and provide practical advice in relation to the risk environment.
- Prepare timely, succinct and accurate risk management reports for business units, the Executive Committee, Audit and Risk Management Committee and the Board. Design reports so they provide insights, add value and provide the necessary information to support decisions and adjust practices.
- Lead the preparation of the risk management section of the annual report. Conduct annual review of the risk management framework to confirm its ongoing effectiveness in line with ASX requirements and guidelines.
- Collaborate with business units and Manager Internal Audit / Data Analytics on the development of assurance map and key risk indicators.
- Participate in audits relating to the operating effectiveness of the company’s risk management approach and to material risk deep dives.
- Where applicable, supervise co-source resources. Establish clear performance targets on each audit, delegate appropriately and regularly review progress to ensure execution occurs per plan, on time and in line with requirements. Ensure engagements are supported by purchase orders / contracts, costs are managed in line with budget and performance issues are addressed in a timely manner. Mange the safety of the team and contractors
- Support development of a risk financing strategy.
- Support the renewal of the company’s insurance program. Prepare relevant documents including underwriter surveys, presentations and associated EXCO and Board papers.
- Collaborate with commercial managers across all sites to establish insurance needs and values. Prepare and roll out annual insurance manual. Provide regular updates.
Skills and Experience:
- University business / science / engineering degree. Post graduate desirable.
- Relevant professional designation (e.g. CPRA / CPRM, GIA, CA/CPA, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with ISO31,000 and COSO ERM and significant experience in similar role.
- Strong report writing skills geared towards EXCO and Board level audience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Sound understanding of management principles to evaluate significance of deviations.
- Ability to think outside the box and effectively structure non-routine work / reports.
- Self-starting and pro-active individual.