AU$80000 - AU$85000 per annum + + 5% bonus
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne, Australia
Thu, 25th November 2021
Junior Accountant Fulltime permanent position Salary of up to $85,000 package + bonus Convenient city location. Hybrid working model –
- Fulltime permanent position
- Salary of up to $85,000 package + bonus
- Convenient city location. Hybrid working model – very flexible
- Perfect role to gain thorough training and build your career in banking
Working with a renown Australian bank, this role offers an excellent training ground to build your career in the banking environment.
About the role:
This is a Junior Accountant role with a renown Australian bank.
The role is varied and offers a breadth of exposure across different areas of the bank. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the banking environment and learn the necessary skills to establish your accounting foundation in a banking environment and progress your career throughout different areas of the bank.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, your roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Financial and management accounting activities including journal preparation, month end close, reconciliations, half year and year end statutory reporting requirements
- Continuous improvement activities including process, systems, tools and resource improvement and streamlining
What’s good about the role:
- You will be joining a team that is known to be the ultimate training role for emerging accounting/finance professionals to establish solid foundations in the banking system. It has a wide breadth of exposure and will equip you with the knowledge and skills to progress your career into many different areas of the bank
- The role offers tangible career development opportunities. The managers set a precedent for people to come in and spent 12 months or so in the role and move onto the next role internally.
- Really lovely, supportive hiring managers who are committed to helping the team develop and progress
- Working with like-minded peers. People coming into this team will be at a similar stage in their career to you and people form strong bonds as they develop and progress together.
- You get 1 rostered day off per month
- They offer loads of training and development opportunities like an Individual Development Plan, access to courses, programs, resources and communities, access to coaching and mentoring, etc.
- They offer benefits specific to banking such as a credit card with no interest, home loan benefits (only require deposit of 10%)
- Flexible working – this team is very flexible in their approach to working and do a mixture of working from home and working from the office.
- CA/CPA qualified or working towards this
- Some experience working in Management and/or Financial Accounting or Audit
- Located in Australia now with full working rights
- A process improvement mindset
How to apply:
Click ‘apply now’ or for more information get in touch with Roisin on [email protected]
Apply for this Job