Wed, 7th April 2021
This newly created role is working within my clients Risk Technology team working as a Software Engineer to build and extend the existing risk system
This newly created role is working within my clients Risk Technology team working as a Software Engineer to build and extend the existing risk system for the Commodities and Global Markets division supporting their trading and risk management functions.
Their main goal is focussed on building out this platform to scale with the ever-growing performance, data, regulatory and product driven requirements of our businesses.
You will be part of a dynamic global team that owns a range of critical systems and be involved in projects addressing a combination of software re-engineering and customisation underpinned by a sophisticated credit analytics platform leveraging Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
You will develop, test and deploy code and perform release planning and execution. You will have excellent communication and technical skills, be self-motivated, highly professional, and have a desire to learn new concepts.
This is a great opportunity to gain knowledge in financial markets working on global risk management platforms for a wide variety of commodity, FX and interest rate asset classes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 4 + years’ experience in Java, Python or C++ software development
- knowledge of good software design and application architectural practices
- experience in data structures and algorithms
- experience with code modularity and component de-coupling through APIs
- Spring/Spring boot
- strong debugging skills
- understanding of Linux
- networking fundamentals
- SQL (SQL Server, Sybase)
- scripting skills – primarily Bash, Python
- degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Ideally you will also have:
- an understanding of Financial mathematics specifically related to Risk and Valuation concepts and calculations
- AWS and familiarity with cloud concepts such as EC2 and EBS
- familiarity with containerisation frameworks – Kubernetes, Docker
- Scala, Kotlin
- Akka, Angular 2
- Gradle, Jenkins
- Jetty web server
- AWS: EC2, S3
- prior working experience within the Banking/Financial Services industry.
This newly created role offers a proven and ambitious engineer a fantastic opportunity to join a very innovative engineering team and get broad exposure to the latest development technologies/strategies as well as learn AWS/Cloud technologies.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above requirements, please apply online to [email protected].