Investment Specialist Analyst
Fri, 1st February 2019
Rare opportunity for an experience investment specialist to join a leading global fund manager within their investment team
A rare opportunity has arisen for an investment specialist to join a leading global fund manager as part of their Fixed Income & Multi Asset Solutions investment team.
In this role you be responsible for representing the investment teams internally & externally with clients, consultants & prospects, and provide a technical link between investment, sales, product, responsible investment and marketing functions. The team also provides direct support to relationship, sales, and rating activities, providing commercial scalability to the business whilst also working with investment, distribution, and marketing on the generation of in-depth, value-add content such as thematic white papers, marketing materials, and market insights.
Investment Specialist Support – Content Production
- Participate in the regular review, maintenance, and ongoing enhancement of our standard marketing collateral.
- Prepare drafts of baseline commentary for use in monthly/quarterly client updates; includes market commentary, portfolio performance and attribution, portfolio positioning, and outlook for key investment capabilities and underlying strategies.
Investment Specialist Support – Data Analysis
- Provide quantitative analysis to support the above reports.
- Generate quantitative analysis and draft commentary in response to ad hoc client requests.
- Produce detailed competitor analysis using public information sources along with various vendor licences.
Strategic Partnerships & Responsible Investment
- Prepare analysis and charts/presentations that will support the sharing of our investment insights with our clients/consultants.
- Assist in drafting material for RI reports that relate directly to the investment teams.
- Participate in Investment Assurance and other meetings.
- Work with client-facing colleagues to customise standard materials in advance of client/prospect meetings.
- Tailor request for proposal (RFP) and due diligence documents.
- Assist in preparing analysis and drafting reports that will support the Commercialisation of our investment strategies.
- Contribute to our business strategy reviews by preparing/reviewing strategy documents, analysis/commentary on competitor landscape.
- establish close working relationships with portfolio management teams, as well as other functions across the business;
- 2+ years experience in a similar position within the investment management industry.
- A relevant degree in Business/Accounting/Economics/Finance/Commerce.
- CFA charterholder or partial progress towards.
- Possess a passionate interest in financial markets & moeconomics.
- Experience working with financial data access/analytics & systems (such as Bloomberg, eVestment and Blackrock Solutions Aladdin).
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work with senior colleagues across the business.
- Advanced writing capabilities & strong verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
If you are a suitable candidate for this position and have the relevant experience, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence. Please note only successful candidate will be contacted due to the high amount of applicants for this role.