Head of Treasury & Investment Accounting
Wed, 5th May 2021
Global Insurance Group
Large team with access to executive group
Opportunity to drive change and lead a high performing team
Great opportunity for an experienced finance professional with insurance experience looking to drive their career within a global organisation
MARS Recruitment are excited to be partnering with one of Australia’s and globally one of the most recognised insurance organisations in their search for a Head Of position which has been created due to a number of internal movements.
With exposure across a number divisions; Risk, Actuarial, Compliance etc. this is a role which will challenge you to broaden your knowledge base and be in a position to implement real change in a large organisation. With the support of the Division heads, this role will have a seat at the table and be responsible for a high performing team.
In this role you will have coverage across;
- Strategy and Planning;
- Policy, Process and Procedures;
- Stakeholder management (internal & external)
- Technical Performance
- People Management
The successful candidate will have;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge – AGAAP/IFRS.
- Knowledge of the general insurance/reinsurance cycle and accounting thereof.
- Deep technical skills enabling analysis of requirements and commercial and practical application.
- Ability to identify and put into place new procedures and policies for the better.
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence within the global finance team.
- Strong presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, capable of establishing and maintaining relationships across the business and influencing where required.
- Qualified Accountant, ACA and extensive post qualification accounting experience
- Significant proven ability with extensive experience of Treasury & Investments Accounting Middle and Back Office within a large complex organisation
If this sounds like your next opportunity, get in touch with the team via ‘apply’ or call (02) 9003 4915