Group Program Coordinator
Less than $50,000
Tue, 1st September 2020
Provide support and counselling to veterans and their families based in Melbourne CBD
The Group Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning and delivery of the region’s group program schedule. The GPC is part of a Clinical Team co-ordinating services for clients who may be facing significant or complex challenges. Taking a proactive approach in working alongside Group Program Facilitators and Trainers, to form a partnership that supports the integration of treatment group programs as part of the treatment focus for clients who will be linked to various other treatment activities
- 12 month fixed term contract – extension possible
Group Program Coordinator (Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist)
Seeking the talents of a dynamic Allied Health practitioner to manage the evidence based Therapeutic Group Programs which aim to improve the mental health and wellbeing of current and former serving Veteran’s and their families.
The ideal candidate is a Psychologist, Social Worker, or Occupational Therapist with mental health experience, group facilitation skills, excellent organisational skills, and a passion to promote mental health and wellbeing throughout the Veteran Community in the ACT and Southern NSW Region. The responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and training of group facilitators
- Group facilitation
- Promoting groups to the Veteran Community and Practitioners working with Veterans
- Organising groups within the region with dedicated admin support
- Evaluating outcomes of groups conducted
The ideal person is an experienced and confident practitioner who can both works independently and promote the groups to the Veteran Community.
- Experience in Mental Health as a fully Registered Psychologist, Social Worker, or Occupational Therapist
- Autonomous with a strong work ethic and ability to work as a part of a team
- Committed to ongoing professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management
All applicants must be an Australian Citizen
You must have the right to live and work
in this location to apply for this job.