Fri, 8th February 2019
Graphic Designer | Initial 6 Month Contract | Gladesville
Looking for an experienced Graphic Designer for an initial 6 month contract, with the view to become on-going or permanent.
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for developing high-impact, contemporary visual designs across digital and physical assets with a strong focus on brand and digital design solutions to increase awareness, engagement and uptake of services.
- Develop, manage and execute graphic design concepts and elements for marketing and communications campaigns and initiatives across print and digital platforms
- Create effective digital designs and digital assets for multiple digital platforms including website, intranet, eDMs and social channels
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of brand identity and assets including imagery and templates for use by staff
- Oversee the commissioning, printing and production and undertake final checks of proofs and artwork of all work submitted to suppliers
- Liaise with external Designers as and when required to deliver design services in alignment with the brand
- Provide client-centric design services that adhere to project timelines, budgets, briefs, design standards and sign-off protocols
- Deliver innovative designs within set timeframes and financial constraints for a diverse range of programs and activities
- Establish approaches and processes within an environment previously without an in-house graphic design resource
- Servicing the competing design needs of internal stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in graphic design and at least 5 years’ experience in creative development and delivery of design projects preferably within the professional services, education or government sector
- Proven experience in developing creative design solutions for digital, print and other executions including designing for digital platforms, screen-based applications, and a variety of marketing and communications materials – with a focus on brand
- Proficient and practical experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and in developing templates for email marketing tools, Word documents (eg. Reporting and program templates etc), and PowerPoint templates
- Extensive experience in creative design and production of materials to support corporate brand identities, including high level editing and proofreading skills
- Experience sourcing, commissioning and managing suppliers (including undertaking final checks of proofs and artwork) to ensure cost-effective and quality outcomes
- Experience working with diverse teams to develop innovative and accessible design for marketing communications initiatives including the ability to plan, prioritise and meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.