Front End Developer
AU$135000 - AU$145000 per annum + plus Super
Fri, 26th November 2021
My client has over 30 years’ of history in helping their clients to trade shares, crypto and CFD’s across the
My client has over 30 years’ of history in helping their clients to trade shares, crypto and CFD’s across the globe. They’re a business on the up with an amazing growth story over the past 5 years in the APAC space.
Your role is to come onboard and help to rebuild the website in the APAC and Canada region, making it a state of the art website with the user at its heart. Initially it will be a six month contract but their is a view to extend this based on the project and other things ongoing in the business.
Role and responsbilities:
- To create responsive websites and PPC landing pages from invision/wireframing tools and written briefs.
- To develop for the web, tablets and mobile devices.
- Develop well formed CSS compatible with the most used web browsers and native mobile browsers.
- To work with the website content editors (CMS users) to ensure website pages are consistently well formed (layout, copy structure etc) and achieving the desired results.
- Working on a number of varied web development projects from making pixel perfect sites that meet the design requirements to integrating CSS code with a CMS.
- The Web Development team also provide support/Features outside of the CMS to various departments throughout the company
- Maintain personal/professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, including all relevant regulatory and legislative training
- When dealing with all customers, clients or colleagues ensure that we provide a clear, fair and consistent high quality service that presents a professional and positive image of the business;
- ake all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience with SASS/SCSS, Tailwind.
- Experience with lighthouse and SEO best practices to develop webpages keeping performance in mind.
- Webpack 5 or similar build process.
- Experience of front end development and managing change on large websites
- Experience of working with design teams and converting invision mocks into responsive web pages
- Experience of MySQL is essential;
- Comfortable with contributing to complex technical discussions;
- Recent practical hands-on development experience in a highly agile commercial environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Public cloud and cloud native solutions (particularly AWS)
- Continuous delivery and cross functional teams
- Testing approaches including TDD & SRE
Apply for this Job