Financial Controller | Media & Technology
Wed, 14th August 2019
Large, international brand
Progress to CFO
Lead a team with autonomy to grow when/where appropriate
Exciting role for a motivated Financial Controller to have full autonomy over a team of 8 with oversight of the strategy and direction.
You will oversee the full finance function, including both the Financial Accounting and Management Accounting teams. You will be instrumental in setting the team culture and direction, and will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer on driving strategic change. Ad hoc projects will challenge you as the company is going through a period of expansive growth and change.
- Performance management and coaching of finance and payroll staff
- Oversight and review of all deliverables for the finance team, including:
- Monthly P&L and cash flow reporting, departmental analysis, commentary and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Quarterly reporting to Head Office, including balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations;
- Capex reporting and forecasting;
- Budget and forecast submissions for P&L and cash flow;
- Fortnightly and monthly payroll submissions;
- Approval of travel and new hires;
- Tax submissions, including income tax, GST, withholding tax and FBT; and
- Insurance submissions.
- Preparation and delivery of regular presentations to Head Office, as well as ad hoc approval memos for changes to the business, including acquisitions and capex projects
- Building departmental reporting templates and monitoring budget performance with monthly updates to budget owners
- Improving the timeliness, relevance and quality of management information reporting.
Your experience and capability
- Qualified Accountant (CA / CPA)
- Desire to work in a hands-on environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Australian accounting and tax experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage and coach staff
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and stakeholder management skills
- Advanced Excel skills to facilitate data manipulation and complex reconciliations
- Experience with systems implementation projects or change management highly regarded
If you are interested in finding out more or interested in applying, please contact Ed Burgess via firstname.lastname@example.org