Financial Analyst | Big 4 First Mover | Banking
Fri, 1st February 2019
Leading Australian Bank, seeking a driven CA qualified first mover who is ambitious and looking to advance their career quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing and well-reputed leader within the Banking field. They are currently due to expand their team with competent individuals to be a part of the continued growth.
Our client is now looking to hire a full time newly qualified accountant on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate for this position would be a BIG 4 first-time mover. Great work benefits and close business exposure with strategic development plans on offer.
Reporting to the Finance manager, your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsibility for preparation of Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority Returns
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly Capital Liquidity Return for ASX
- Responsibility for preparation of quarterly return for ABS
- Analytical review of the non-trading P&L and Balance Sheet records for Australia and respond to queries from the business
- Review of expense claims and invoices for compliance purposes
- Maintenance of accrued expenses schedule
- Internal Controls, review of applicable reports
- Preparation of standard and complex balance sheet journals, as required
- Ad hoc reconciliations, financial statements presentation and other tasks as requested
- Assistance with year-end Financial Audit
- Support other Sydney Financial Control staff as necessary
- Undertake ad-hoc projects on a needs based for the Finance Department
- Undertake additional accounting duties as required
The successful Applicant:
- Degree qualified in Accounting/Commerce/Business discipline
- Background in Audit – Chartered Firm
- Newly qualified Chartered Accountant
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Competent Excel knowledge
- Basic IFRS knowledge would be desirable
- Able to complete assigned tasks within reporting deadlines
- Collaborative approach and positive attitude
Should this opportunity interest you and you have the suitable skills and attributes required, please express your interest accordingly. Due to high volumes, only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be handled with the strictest of confidence.
Mars Recruitment – Senior Consultant
t: 02 9003 4908