Finance & Administration Manager
Wed, 12th June 2019
Must have Local Government experience in a similar role
Short term contract | Located in WA’s north
Accommodation and travel provided
This short term contract opportunity is responsible for the Shire’s finance and administration services, leading a small team
- Short term contract
- Located in WA’s north
- Accommodation and travel provided
Our client, a local Shire in WA’s north, is seeking a qualified and experienced Manager of Finance & Administration to work within their Corporate Services Department. In this role you will be responsible for managing the Shire’s finance and administrative services, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and Council policies.
- Lead and manage the finance and administration teams
- Monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Development of management reporting systems to ensure timely, accurate information and advice to the Executive team
- Preparation of the annual budget and long term financial plans
- Ensure continuous improvement to systems and procedures
Skills and Experience
In order to be shortlisted, it is essential you will have the following:
- CA or CPA qualifications or similar, candidates qualified by experience will be considered
- Previous experience in a similar role, within local government
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and a high level of attention to detail
- Well developed knowledge of budgeting, taxation legislation, long term financial planning and financial asset management
- Knowledge of the principles of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and OHS.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role then please follow the SEEK link.
Please note, due to the number of applications only successful applicants will be contacted.