Diabetes Educator | Regional WA | Permanent opportunity
Thu, 14th March 2019
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Credentialed Diabetes Educator to join a community focused organisation within the Pilbara region of WA.
Mars Healthcare are currently in search of an experienced Diabetes Educator to join an organisation who have been delivering health centred care for 20 years.
About the role
You will be a Registered Nurse and be able to provide specialist nursing expertise and diabetes advice, coordination of care and self-management support in accordance with endorsed models of care.
- Perform clinical duties within the required level of competence and according to best available evidence as required
- Assess and deliver evidence-based diabetes education
- Collaborate with members of the multi-disciplinary team and other relevant medical specialists and key stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate education activities for clients with type 1, type 2 and diabetes in pregnancy
Skills and Experience
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Post graduate in Diabetes Education
- Credentialed Diabetics educator with ADEA
- Experience in providing diabetes education
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of pharmacology of diabetes medications
- Demonstrated organisation skills with the ability to problem solve
- Strong computer and software skills
- Police clearance
- Driving licence
- Experience in a rural or remote health setting (Desirable)
- Member of the ADEA or other relevant professional organisations (Desirable)
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary + relocation allowance + housing support for the contract length
- Excellent opportunity to grow within a progressive organisation
- Additional professional development provided